Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to join too many societies at uni? I plan to join many but I am unsure if you can join too many and so it hinders your studies.
    Or is this not much of a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humder)
    Is it possible to join too many societies at uni? I plan to join many but I am unsure if you can join too many and so it hinders your studies.
    Realistically there's only so many hours in the day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humder)
    Any more than 3 and you'd be struggling and, even then, they're probably clash occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering about this!
    What actually happens in these societies aswell?!
    I'm not going to York I just want to know.

ReputationRep:
    Yoou'll probabley sign up to a load on fresher fair. Go to a few meetings of ones your interested in. Then you'll whittle it down. You could be an active member of a lot of socs but once you start taking committee roles it would be harder to find the time to do everything your interested in. I ended up with just one soc that i am quite active in and another two then i sometimes go too. But I'm tempted to join one of the papers next year.

ReputationRep:
    Most societys are just to do hobbys in mass. i'm apart of fragsoc, which is a gaming society we organise lan partys every 3 weeks. so 3 in a term. and also have soicals which invole drinking or bowling etc.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.