Turn on thread page Beta

Is there a limit? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am a bit worried.. i just applied for student finance again (3rd time now) as i did a 2 yr HND and now starting a 3 yr Degree.

However, im worried that there will be a limit that i can ave but on application form and when i rang them mentioning starting a new course they said nothing. Im in a house where no income comes through (mom n dad dont work)

So am i worrying bout nothing and i still will be able to get it to pay for my degree

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I think i read somewhere that student finance will fund you for 4 years only. Don't quote me on that though.

ReputationRep:
    Damn ive not read that... can someone else please ease my worries lol

ReputationRep:
    Is this a new course or HND top up?

ReputationRep:
    Its a new course mate... Degree was the way forward from the HND which i wanted to do

ReputationRep:
    Dont say anywhere about a limit

ReputationRep:
    just found out that its 4 years for Student finance support

Considering i have no income coming into my house then that rly doesnt help me at all

If they say i have to pay for 3rd yr myself then that is ok as i will be able to save up... but 1st year i wont be able to save up in time

Shall i contact student finance about this

ReputationRep:
    Because you're doing a second degree, I doubt you'll get funding. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=656018

ReputationRep:
    No mate, its not a second degree as its Higher than the Higher National Diploma i did..

So therotically.. this is my 1st degree

ReputationRep:
    But you've already done 2 years in HE.

ReputationRep:
    I did a HND and left due to personal stuff...anyway I called SAAS(student finiance people for Scotland) as I was considering transferring uni and wanted to see what would happen and they said that as I'd been funded for a HND they would only fund me if I managed to get into the 2nd year of a course,if it was 1st year then I'd have to pay for it as they'd paid for the HND and will have paid for the 1st year of a degree.

If I'm reading your post right you've done a HND then moving onto a degree,is it the 2nd or 3rd year?if it's 3rd year you should get finance no problems but I am by no means an expert especially on how it works in england so I would phone the relevant finance people.

AJxx

ReputationRep:
    If you go into year 2 of the degree, you'll be ok for support. Year one will mean no fee support or maintenance grant for that year.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.