Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm 16, 5ft 11 and weigh 10 stone 4ish.

Anyway I'm real skinny, like basically my muscle is none existant, so what I'm looking to do is gain some muscle in my arms, legs and abs, though I don't want to be ripped!

I'm also a very busy guy and can only spare like 30-60 minutes a day on working out, usually less.

So I was thinking you guys might like to laugh at my plan and help me improve it, well here it is.

Monday-
    X push ups
    X sit ups

Tuesday-
    X ab crunches
    X jacknife situps

Wednesday-
    X dumbbell bicep curls on each arm
    X dumbbell tricep presses on each arm

Thursday-
    X reps on chest expander
    X reps on hand grips each arm

Friday-
    30 minutes on cross trainer or bike

Saturday-
    Any ideas??? :confused:
    I really have no ideas for legs, I would like to strengthen muscles to get me running as fast as possible.

Sunday-
    Nothing

ReputationRep:
    Google 'Starting Strength' or 'Westside for Skinny *******s' and read the sticky at the top of this forum.

ReputationRep:
    As above. You only need 30-45 minuets 3 times a week for SS. Iv been on it 6 weeks (same height as you, started weighing less) and my big lifts have already doubled in weight+Im alot bigger.

Trust the guys who know what their on about.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the quick replies!

ReputationRep:
    tuesday, wednesday and friday are pointless as is monday. thursday also.

so bench press, bicep curls, military press, squats, deadlifts, chin ups, rows. and train so that you can to a max of 8-12 reps. you should start to see gains. oh and eat alot of meat. protein is your friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    tuesday, wednesday and friday are pointless as is monday. thursday also.

so bench press, bicep curls, military press, squats, deadlifts, chin ups, rows. and train so that you can to a max of 8-12 reps. you should start to see gains. oh and eat alot of meat. protein is your friend.
    Maybe, hes a total beginner so surely hes better off working his core lifts and getting proper technique first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Maybe, hes a total beginner so surely hes better off working his core lifts and getting proper technique first?
    he should be fine with those if he starts of a bit lighter. so yeah i agree that he should work on technique first with lighter weights before he attemps to rep until muscle failure.

but i'm sure we all started off with benching, bicep curls, chin-ups and squats? they're not too difficult.

ReputationRep:
    he should be fine with those if he starts of a bit lighter. so yeah i agree that he should work on technique first with lighter weights before he attemps to rep until muscle failure.

but i'm sure we all started off with benching, bicep curls, chin-ups and squats? they're not too difficult.
    I didnt and still dont bother with bicep curls. Squat, deadlift, bench, press.

ReputationRep:
    I forget to mention I don't have a gym easily accessible

ReputationRep:
    I didnt and still dont bother with bicep curls. Squat, deadlift, bench, press.
    you dont do any of those!?

what do you do then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    you dont do any of those!?

what do you do then? :confused:
    I meant i do squat, deadlift, bench, press. As well as my climbing training which is campus board and off set pullups

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LISTEN2ME!)
    I forget to mention I don't have a gym easily accessible
    ooo well just buy a barbell and dumbell set. shouldn't be too expensive. a bench would be good if you could get one of those though.

ReputationRep:
    I meant i do squat, deadlift, bench, press. As well as my climbing training which is campus board and off set pullups
    oooh! cool cool.

bicep curls can't hurt though. even if they're not paramount.

military press is one of my preferred excercises, works well.

ReputationRep:
    oooh! cool cool.

bicep curls can't hurt though. even if they're not paramount.

military press is one of my preferred excercises, works well.
    Military press and the press is the same thing yes? (Press also called shoulder or over head press) I hate it, its by far the exercise I hate doing. Love deads and squats though. I do love the bench motion too, just not how pathetically weak I am at it!

Surely chins are like bicep curls but better?

ReputationRep:
    Military press and the press is the same thing yes? (Press also called shoulder or over head press) I hate it, its by far the exercise I hate doing. Love deads and squats though. I do love the bench motion too, just not how pathetically weak I am at it!

Surely chins are like bicep curls but better?
    ooh yeah, i never refer to it as just the press. deads do my head in, i can not stand them!

well the chins will be better because it uses the muscles in the back and all around the biceps and so on, but doing bicep curls just uses the biceps so you're training them 100% sort of thing.

both has it's advantages.

ReputationRep:
    ooh yeah, i never refer to it as just the press. deads do my head in, i can not stand them!

well the chins will be better because it uses the muscles in the back and all around the biceps and so on, but doing bicep curls just uses the biceps so you're training them 100% sort of thing.

both has it's advantages.
    Deads are excellent, learn to love the dead and squat. Theres nothing else like em!

If chin ups arent using your biceps enough you need to add weight to em! Pullups are for your upper back, chinups your biceps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.