Turn on thread page Beta

How bad are your eyes from going on the computer? watch

ReputationRep:
    Whats your eye degree?
    Mine is 600 on one and 300 the other

ReputationRep:
    What's an eye degree? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    20 years of sitting infront of screens and my eyesight is still perfect according to the examination I had a couple of weeks ago.

No idea what an eye degree is either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qq1)
    Whats your eye degree?
    I havent a bloody clue what you are talking about. But i have two eyes and they get painy when i go squinty eyed looking at my tv or the laptop. I'm supposed to wear glasses but they make me look stupid so i don't.

(Original post by qq1)
    Whats your eye degree?
    What does eye degree mean?

ReputationRep:
    Looking at screens is supposed to help your eyesight, at least in your night vision (so a study on bbc news reported recently)
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I don't know what you mean by eye degree, but I'm long-sighted in both eyes (4.5 in my left and 5 in my right or something), but I have been since long before I had a computer and they haven't got any worse.

ReputationRep:
    I'm short sighted, -2.75 in my right and -2.25 in my left.

ReputationRep:
    I'm short sighted (-1.75 in my right and -2 in my left) but so are both my parents so I doubt it's got anything to do with the computer. Also, what's an eye degree?

20/15 still

ReputationRep:
    WTF is an eye degree? Someone please tell me! I see a load of numbers and don't know what the **** they mean :confused:

I have perfect vision and I go on my computer every single day, often for many hours at a time :awesome: And I watch lots of TV.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.