Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

question about student loan and london. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a returning student in london and with a non-income assessed loan I used to get 4,4k but this year it says I can get 4,9k. Why are they offfereing to give me 500 quid more fior no reason and have other people in London experienced the same thing. Would you take the higher amount just simple becuase thats what they are offering or stick with the 4,4k and thus have less to pay back? thanks for your help in advance.

ReputationRep:
    i don't really see the problem if you did...if your not going to use it, just earn interest off it, and apply for 500quid less next year?

ReputationRep:
    if its there, i can envisage the extra money being blown!

ReputationRep:
    The increase is generally applied each year to keep pace with inflation (i.e. the increase in the average cost of living).

As for whether to take the loan - if you think you'll need it, or can usefully invest it (to give a return above the cost of the extra interest), then take it; if not, then don't! We can't really decide that for you, I'm afraid.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.