Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    Type 'Millies Cookies recipe' in Google, there are quite a few! http://www.google.com/search?q=milli...e7&rlz=1I7WZPA I think I'm going to be baking plenty of cookies tomorrow now!

really?
    that's what i used to try and it came up with loads saying like Millies cookies and when i tried making them they were rubbish!
    it might just be me =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiehook91)
    i love them - i ate a 5 pack in 10 minutes yesterday =/

i just don't want to have to spend a fortune every time i have a craving for them (ie everyday!)

i know they're only £1 for 5 or £1.50 for 10, but my nearest supermarket is about 7 miles away. i have to spend petrol money to get there =( as well as time
    Haha i wasn't having a go. It was just a quirky attempt to lol at the fact everyone loves soft cookies, but if you just buy normal ones and let them get a bit old they go all soft but no one likes them.

What a wonderful world we live in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    What, "add" and "mix"? :p:

Just give it a go! Seriously, being able to cook is an uncommon but very much appreciated gift in guys! And it only takes practice
    I'll try it, but believe me it'll go horribly wrong and I'll end up eating it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabbaman98)
    Haha i wasn't having a go. It was just a quirky attempt to lol at the fact everyone loves soft cookies, but if you just buy normal ones and let them get a bit old they go all soft but no one likes them.

What a wonderful world we live in
    Soft cookies taste good soft, normal cookies that are stale taste bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaneCook)
    I'll try it, but believe me it'll go horribly wrong and I'll end up eating it anyway.
    All the better for you then! Yum, I'm gonna give this recipe a go when I next get some time

ReputationRep:
    I make chocolate crinkle cookies a lot. My bf loves them so much I make them for his birthday and shove birthday candles into a plate of them (pic of which on the top of my blog). They have the texture of brownies with a really delicate crisp coating. They are tooth-achingly sweet and moorish even with dark chocolate, so if you're going to substitute milk for dark chocolate, I'd take out a little of the sugar.

Recipe:

175g plain chocolate, chopped
    4 tbsp unsalted butter
    175g plain flour
    ½ tsp baking powder
    2 eggs, at room temperature
    150g caster sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    60g icing sugar

Method:

1. Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a small pan of simmering water or in a microwave until smooth. Cool slightly. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and ½ tsp salt.

2. Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric whisk until pale, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed and add the chocolate mix and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture until blended together. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1½ hours or even up to 2 days.
    3. Put the icing sugar in a small bowl. Shape the dough into 4cm balls and roll in the sugar. Put them on baking sheets lined with baking paper and press down lightly with your hand to flatten. Bake for 12-15 minutes for soft centres and set edges. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes and then put on a rack to cool.

Best cookies ever!

ReputationRep:
    You can choose what to put in these kind of cookie recipes - smarties work really well, as do chopped up chocolate bars such as Snickers and Topics. Once you've got a good basic batter recipe you can make all sorts of weird and wonderful combinations .

ReputationRep:
    I've got a really good one that's easy as well but I can't be bothered typing it out :P: unhelpful sorry. I think using butter not margarine or whatever makes a difference though

ReputationRep:
    To OP,

the most important thing when making cookies is not to cook them too long. Otherwise they dry out. So in fact it is the cooking method that is more important than the recipe.

ReputationRep:
    Look on the Daily Mail website for 'Jo Pratt's Double Chocolate Freezer Cookies' - I made some of these the other week, they were just crispy on the outside and lovely and soft and chewy on the inside. Cook them for a little less to get them really soft.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.