Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am doing an essay on jayne elliott ,,,green eyes brown eyes and also sherif's robers cave experiment ,,,,,the problem is i know what the studys sre but im not to sure on how i evaluate these studies can any one help me please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillyanddebbie)
    i am doing an essay on jayne elliott ,,,green eyes brown eyes and also sherif's robers cave experiment ,,,,,the problem is i know what the studys sre but im not to sure on how i evaluate these studies can any one help me please
    I don't know about those studies you mentioned but I can help with your evaluation. I assume you're doing AS or A2 psychology? In your evaluation mention the ecological validity of the experiments, if they were done in an artificial setting such as a laboratory can the results be generalised to everyday life? Ethics? Were the participants fully informed of what was happening or were they deceived or caused any stress or trauma?

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    thank you ,,,but jayne elliots study was done in a class room with eight year olds (jayne was a teacher ) and sherifs was done on a camp site with 2 groups of 11 yr olds neither of the groups knew anything of the studys

ReputationRep:
    thank you ,,,but jayne elliots study was done in a class room with eight year olds (jayne was a teacher ) and sherifs was done on a camp site with 2 groups of 11 yr olds neither of the groups knew anything of the studys
    can you tell me how i valuate it with the children being so young

ReputationRep:
    You need to talk about ethics of using children under 16 - informed consent, permission of parents, debriefing etc. Also, can the studies be generalised to children of different ages and backgrounds. Also, was the sample of children used representative of the population. Were there any confounding variables, ie did the children want to look good in front of eachother or please the experimenter so this altered the results.

What impact do the results have on the real world, what can we learn from them, have they encouraged further research etc,

Also evaluate the research method, i.e independant meausres = indidual differences repeated meaures = order effects.

I also havn't heard of either of the studies so can't give you any specific advice sorry...

ReputationRep:
    Also, compare the settings of the studies, one in a campsite, one in a classroom what effect did this have on the results. Did the teacher being in a position of authority influence the results (demand characteristics etc?)

ReputationRep:
    i have pm'ed you some stuff re. robbers cave. prob not helpful but i hope it is!! good luck...

ReputationRep:
    thank you for your help on this but im still not 100% on how to evaluate

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.