Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most embarrassing gym stories? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well for me this happened today, I started off with dumbbell presses, 3 sets 8 reps of 60 lbs, then incline dumbbell presses, 3 sets 8 reps of 50 lbs then I went to bench and on my 8th rep on the way down, I couldn't lift the barbell back up so it slowly went down towards my throat and I couldn't ask my friend to help me because by then the barbell was on my throat (He didn't want to spot me lol) so I was basicly choking until 2 ppl ran over to lift it back up...

I was so embarrassed I told them thanks and I left LOL :redface:

Hopefully those 2 ppl will forget about it when they see me because it was way to embarrassing

ReputationRep:
    **** myself.

Nah I was clean and pressing 60kg which is usually ok but for some reason it went behind when i got it to the top and I couldn't stabilize it so it pulled me backwards, obviously to prevent my arms tearing off I let go and it nearly landed on some homo benching like 10kg dumbbells.

I said "I nearly killed you mate sorry"

He took out his headphones and put his thumbs up and said "Alreet mateeee"

I lol'd, it landed like 2ft away from him.

ReputationRep:
    Not lifting, but in the Steam Room, my back kind of sucked to the wall, when I moved it made a very loud fart noise. I laughed like a little girl, as did my mate. The lady facing me snarled me and left the sauna. I laughed for about 20minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think the whole gym saw me stuck under a barbell choking including the owner, so maybe now they will hold a grudge against me

Might just take a week break from the gym and hopefully no one will remember lol

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends was pressing 45kg dumbells flat, and when he finished his set and dropped the weights off to the side he dropped one on his phone, which at the time was about £350

He's learnt to put his stuff down further away from the bench now...

ReputationRep:
    Not something Iv seen but my friend said that at his uni gym he saw some guy crap himself squatting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Not something Iv seen but my friend said that at his uni gym he saw some guy crap himself squatting.
    Surely that must have been a myth? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canadianized)
    Well I think the whole gym saw me stuck under a barbell choking including the owner, so maybe now they will hold a grudge against me

Might just take a week break from the gym and hopefully no one will remember lol
    I doubt they'll really care mate, they've got more important things to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Once, I only hit 7 reps, instead of 8, benching 130kg. I was not amused.

ReputationRep:
    Not my own experience, but i seen it while i was doing work experience in a gym.
    Basically it was a bad storm, like thunder and lightning the full works. So anyway everyones in the gym as normal, and the powers gone out, obviously all the electronic stuff has turned off instantly. Well there was a man literally flat out sprinting on the treadmill, powers gone and he's just flew off the back face into the treadmill machine, then the treadmill belt. He just lay there looking seriously hurt and injured, as well as having lost a huge amount of pride

Me, my work experience partner and the gym instructor guy we was with just turned round went into this little office, locked the door and laughed. It was possibly the funniest thing i've seen.

Oh, and some asian men throwing medicine balls at each others chest to "strengthen the abs" I watched in awe as they did it, like repeatedly going from 2kg balls to i think it was 10 or 15kg. Anyway after having these medicine balls going from 2kg-10kg thrown at his chest while he was laying on the floor - i'd say they done each medicine ball, 2-4 times - He got back up and didn't look good Next time his friend came in, he told us the guy had cracked 4ribs and bruised another two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troubled_Student)
    Oh, and some asian men throwing medicine balls at each others chest to "strengthen the abs" I watched in awe as they did it, like repeatedly going from 2kg balls to i think it was 10 or 15kg. Anyway after having these medicine balls going from 2kg-10kg thrown at his chest while he was laying on the floor - i'd say they done each medicine ball, 2-4 times - He got back up and didn't look good Next time his friend came in, he told us the guy had cracked 4ribs and bruised another two
    hahahahahaha

I got trapped under the bar on bench, some Polish guy came to rescue me. My hero :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arteta)
    hahahahahaha

I got trapped under the bar on bench, some Polish guy came to rescue me. My hero :love:
    It was funny because as they were doing it, i was speaking to the gym instructor guy and he was like "that doesn't strengthen anything, they're just going to hurt themselves" Turns out he was right.

ReputationRep:
    Ah another one, wasn't me but some girl i knew.

Know the Pec Fly? I think thats the name, machine with the bar you pull down basically might be Lat something
    Anyway this girl is incredibly skinny/low weight. she put about i think it was 28-32kg's on it, not sure which. She pulled it down, it pulled her up
    She didn't look too cool.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who picked up that the OP is retarded for benching over his neck without a spotter...

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, im sure they wont judge your for it!

I have one embarrassing gym story; i was wearing a thin bra and top, and i had put the fan on the running machine on, and i guess i dont really need to say what happened when i looked at myself in the mirrors facing me! It got worse because the fire alarm went off when i started my next programme so i was sent out, in the cold, with all of the other people there. Self-conscious didn't cover it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    Am I the only one who picked up that the OP is retarded for benching over his neck without a spotter...
    I already said my friend didn't want to spot me so I was like "ok whatever" and he went to the washroom to jack off or something... lol

ReputationRep:
    I was doing pushups on swiss balls with one hand on each ball (its meant to do core stabilisation or something?) Anyway they each flew off to seperate sides as I lowered myself and I kinda faceplanted:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    When I was stretching and cooling down in the gym I ripped my trousers around my backside :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I fell off the cross trainer once.

Laughing out loud at the TV earnt me some strange looks.

And choking on water and coughing it up over a passing girl.

ReputationRep:
    This is something that happened to another person that then impacted me:

I was in the gym doing a shoulder workout and nearby some guy was training his back and with every pull of the dumbbell or machine, he made a sound like a girl going at it....and it was loud. The whole gym was chuckling but my problem is that once something makes me laugh really hard, it is very difficult for me to stop. I kept repeatedly breaking into bursts of laughter up until it was impossible for me to finish my workout so I left half way through, both mad at the guy for making such noises which then forced me to laugh so hard I have to leave, while at the same time still laughing at the incident.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.