Turn on thread page Beta

Most embarrassing gym stories? watch

ReputationRep:
    yes, few years ago we were at the gym and i was challenged to turn the treadmill up to top speed whilst standing at the sides then jump on and start sprinting.

i tried. i failed.

skinned me legs from above my knees to above my ankles, they werent even bleeding there was this green puss coming out of my legs and i could see my shin bones. twas very painful and my whole legs were bandaged for weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I over done working out on the crosstrainer, stepped off of the machine, and fell onto my bum because my legs gave way XD now that's a work out:P It was pretty funny:P

ReputationRep:
    I dropped on the treadmill at full speed and some mahusive guys started laughing at me must have looked quite funny though lol

ReputationRep:
    I was running on the treadmill at a fast pace and my lace got caught on the machine and I fell off, burning my legs and several other parts of my body. It was very embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    Slipped off the Treadmill. Trainer lace caught in Treadmill.

Me and Treadmills don't get along too well.

ReputationRep:
    I fainted when I stepped off the cross trainer... *dies*

Bare in mind:
    - first visit to the gym ever... my induction like 2/3 years ago.
    - the woman who was meant to be looking after me forgot about me.
    - had no water

But it was so embarassing... and it was that day that made me realise how unfit i was. I'm like a machine now(obviously)

ReputationRep:
    Fainted..

Hot day + No air conditioning in gym + hadn't eaten much + tough workout = me out cold for a few minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Not something Iv seen but my friend said that at his uni gym he saw some guy crap himself squatting.
    (Original post by Jaytwizzle1000)
    Surely that must have been a myth? :rolleyes:
    "The best way to avoid this is to not [squat] when you need to ****, and vice versa.

Planning is the key here."

ReputationRep:
    After I had just finished my run I misjudged how quickly my treadmill would come to a stop and fell off the end of it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canadianized)
    Well for me this happened today, I started off with dumbbell presses, 3 sets 8 reps of 60 lbs, then incline dumbbell presses, 3 sets 8 reps of 50 lbs then I went to bench and on my 8th rep on the way down, I couldn't lift the barbell back up so it slowly went down towards my throat and I couldn't ask my friend to help me because by then the barbell was on my throat (He didn't want to spot me lol) so I was basicly choking until 2 ppl ran over to lift it back up...

I was so embarrassed I told them thanks and I left LOL :redface:

Hopefully those 2 ppl will forget about it when they see me because it was way to embarrassing
    I would have been embarassed too lol, choking on 50lbs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    After I had just finished my run I misjudged how quickly my treadmill would come to a stop and fell off the end of it.
    That happened the first 3 times i used a treadmill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashim91)
    I would have been embarassed too lol, choking on 50lbs.
    50 lbs dumbbells in each hand lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashim91)
    That happened the first 3 times i used a treadmill.
    Ye that's pretty bad, my one happened after two years of running on treadmills...

ReputationRep:
    i was at the uni gym doing some benching and the back rails on this bench were sooo much smaller than the bench i'm used to in virgin active. so needless to say i went to rest the barbell back onto the rails, but i missed them resulting in it gradually going backwards, i tried my hardest to pull it back forwards, but it was tooo hard, and resulting in gravity provailing and crashing the weights to the floor.

someone walked over and offered to spot me. i felt shaaamed >.<

ReputationRep:
    oh and another time in virgin active, i was sprinting on the treadmill at the higest incline. i hadn't eaten that day and it was now 3pm.

once i got off the treadmill, i started to get tunnel vision and bright sparks were going off in my eyes. my legs were going like jelly and they gave way. i would have fainted and hit the floor but my mate caught me! thank ****!

ReputationRep:
    i tripped up on the stairmaster

was on the cross trainer and let out a little tommy squeaker ... but as i was listening to my ipod i didnt realise just how loud it was until they guy next to me started laughing

and i thought i was meeting my friends for a christmas meal an hour later than we were...i was in the gym at the time and they announced my name on the tannoy saying can i ring my friends asap :s

ReputationRep:
    oh no this is the best one but its my friends story...she was in the gym when the girls changing rooms had a male cleaning it so the changing rooms were switched for male and female...anyway she was in there on her own drying her hair when a bloke walks into the room. she sees him in the mirror and theyre both silent and staring at eachother. then like 10 seconds later she let out this scream like ahhhhhhh, the guy jumps a mile and runs out the room.
    it makes me laugh every time just thinking about it lol

ReputationRep:
    One time actually while benching dont know how much , but probably a bit too much, I never used those springs to keep the weights secure and well lifted it up and so on one side the weights came flying off then the other side as it was now unbalanced landed on some guys foot. he was not a happy bunny

ReputationRep:
    Trying to get off the exercise bike , had heavy legs cos Id been on it for ages, got my foot stuck in it somehow and did a stupid little trip/stumble and nearly fell flat on my face. Then laughed to myself which made me look even more like an idiot.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.