Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP!!! Cost to repair scratch on my car?!!? :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've told my dad now, I was reeeally upset cz I thought he was gonna screw but he saw how sad I was and he patted me on the back and said don't worry lol
    But thanx for all the advice, I'll probably take it to Halfords cz it's cheaper.

And btw, what does "OP" mean??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_p)
    Original Poster

ReputationRep:
    ohhh ok, thanx!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_p)
    I've told my dad now, I was reeeally upset cz I thought he was gonna screw but he saw how sad I was and he patted me on the back and said don't worry lol
    But thanx for all the advice, I'll probably take it to Halfords cz it's cheaper.

that looks like a KA my entire respray cost me around 1.5k, then a similar scuff like that on my brothers silver ka was £150

ReputationRep:
    I know i'm probably late, but most of that can come off with polish/scratch remover and a lot of rubbing.

ReputationRep:
    If its not dented then cheaper....i reversed into a wall and have a scrape along my Ka's bumper. My stepdad sanded it down etc ( its fibreglass), primed it, painted it etc and glossed it looks better than before!..paint cost £15 from Ford garage. Lots of effort though. Just tell them. Be annoyed for a while but you're not dead!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k823127)
    If its not dented then cheaper....i reversed into a wall and have a scrape along my Ka's bumper. My stepdad sanded it down etc ( its fibreglass), primed it, painted it etc and glossed it looks better than before!..paint cost £15 from Ford garage. Lots of effort though. Just tell them. Be annoyed for a while but you're not dead!
    It's always dead cheap if you do it yourself... A friend of mine resprayed his car (he works at a garage and they let him use the spray booth after-hours for free) and it cost him about £200 in materials and that was it...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.