Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Thats how I prefer to play it - try semi or assisted controls as well.

By the way, do I win the Goal of the Demo competition?
    http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/me.../video/9168743
    On world class as you can see!

I scored one from further out but it crashed when I tried to upload
    I love mine http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/me.../video/9159430

I wish i uploaded it in a different angle and much slower doesn't show how Messi megged Terry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venom123)
    I love mine http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/me.../video/9159430

I wish i uploaded it in a different angle and much slower doesn't show how Messi megged Terry
    Epic!
    I have created a Goal of the Demo thread. Post it in there and check out the potential prize :awesome:

Edit: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1030972 - Goal of the Demo thread!

ReputationRep:
    How do you do the finese shot on Fifa 10? I didn't bother with 09 because I loved 08. Now I love 10 but I'm **** at it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    How do you do the finese shot on Fifa 10? I didn't bother with 09 because I loved 08. Now I love 10 but I'm **** at it
    RB/R1 to finesse and LB/L1 to chip. The shooting is quite hard on this version though so don't worry about it! Weirdly enough longer shots are easier because the GKs havn't been updated on the demo build.

Check out the link in my sig for details on the TSR club using Virtual Pro.

ReputationRep:
    I love the demo and am playing it loads to get some practice in. The 360 dribbling system is very noticeable and makes it more free and more realistic. On PES, the dribbling only goes in straight lines. It's harder to do this on FIFA now. Also, it removes the ridiculous thing you can do of making a 15 stone 6 foot 4 centre back run all the way up the pitch and scoring.

The game allows you to integrate the long ball as well. I can't wait till it's released.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah man, they've thought about everything. Again I don't feel PES can compete anymore.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=37245

A PSM comparison between PES and FIFA.

Seems abit dodgy to me considering they are using FIFA 09 screens and just seem to show PES fanboyism throughout.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

Seriously cannot believe some of those scores. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Well that is 3.09 mins of my life i will never get back!

Are they on drugs or something?

LOL at PES getting the score on "TRICKS"... Such jokers!! :toofunny:

Clearly they snort heavy snow, as Master League beating Fifa's Manager Mode? Oh dear... :lol:

FAIL.com

ReputationRep:
    http://hem.bredband.net/fede/fifa10/

Sroll down for Liverpool, Man Utd and Real Madrid ratings.

Some very odd ratings, Scholes being an 84...

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Real Madrid are going to be the team to "be" online this year....

The n00bs :rofl:

Kuyt - 78? Wow...

Live Season will be good this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Looks like Real Madrid are going to be the team to "be" online this year....

The n00bs :rofl:

Kuyt - 78? Wow...

Live Season will be good this year.
    They don't have the online Interactive Leagues anymore you know or the one free league. You get 6 free trial games or something and then can pay and go on to recreate the season or something. I might buy it when I get spare money but not too sure...

Those ratings are ridiculous though! How is Scholes rated as two points below Gerrard! (even though Gerrards might go up if moved into midfield) and just as weird Scholes being rated higher than Giggs lol.

Also Arbeloa the same rating as Johnson? It seems that they have just boosted some peoples stats because they are at a bigger team.

Edit: Man City ratings

Ireland must be out of position there because that is quite a low rating.

ReputationRep:
    I never played the interactive leagues, so good riddance to those.

Oops, i meant (the previously named) Adidas* Live Season, the auto updates as the season progress'. That looks good.

ReputationRep:
    Check below for the dates and locations and pop along for some FIFA10 goodness.

Tesco Stores:

Friday 2nd October - Burdlesdon (Southampton) and Watford
    Saturday 3rd October - Borehamwood
    Sunday 4th October - Baldock and Warrington
    Friday 9th October - Sandhurst
    Saturday 10th October - Brooklands (Weybridge)
    Sunday 11th October - Newport and New Malden
    Thursday 15th October - Stockton
    Friday 16th October - Bar Hill (Cambridge) and Shoreham by Sea
    Saturday 17th October - Peterborough and Brighton
    Sunday 18th October - Huntingdon, Cardiff, Hastings and Newcastle
    Friday 23rd October - Birkenhead
    Saturday 24th October - Southport

Asda Stores:

Friday 2nd October - Sinfin (Derby), Linwood Paisley and Preston Fulwood
    Saturday 3rd October - West Bridgford (Nottingham), Havant, Govan (Glasgow) and Huyton (Liverpool)
    Sunday 4th October - Leicester, Eastleigh and Livingston
    Friday 9th October - Great Bridge (Birmingham), Swindon and Leeds
    Saturday 10th October - Tamworth, Patchway (Bristol) and Pudsey
    Sunday 11th October - Dudley and Pilsworth (Manchester)
    Friday 16th October - Swansea and Peterlee (Durham)
    Saturday 17th October - Cardiff and Gateshead
    Friday 23rd October - Wigan
    Saturday 24th October - Eastlands (Manchester)
    Sunday 25th October - Sheffield and Walton (Liverpool)
    Thursday 29th October - Kingswood (Hull)
    Friday 30th October - Hessle (Hull)
    Saturday 31st October - Grimsby

University Campuses:

Tuesday 6th October - Reading (3sixty bar)
    Wednesday 7th October - Buckinghamshire New Uni
    Thursday 8th October - ULU
    Friday 9th October - Sussex
    Monday 12th October - Aston
    Tuesday 13th October - Derby
    Wednesday 14th October - Nottingham
    Thursday 15th October - Loughborough
    Friday 16th October - Staffordshire
    Tuesday 20th October - Bristol
    Wednesday 21st October - Bath
    Thursday 22nd October - Gloucestershire
    Friday 23rd October - Worcester
    Monday 26th October - Bolton
    Tuesday 27th October - Huddersfield
    Wednesday 28th October - Bradford
    Thursday 29th October - Sheffield

Some places where the FIFA team will be heading after the release. God knows what it is for though! I might wait until after I have been to one to buy the game as it might be half price or a mini tournament to win the game. (There is one the day after release near me so it won't kill me...too much, having to wait!)

ReputationRep:
    Niiiice

What are they actually going to do? Free stuff, penalty shoot outs and all that free styling crap...

Not overly happy with having to venture into Southampton... Dangerous. :creep:

Might be worth it, if they can get Messi to go along to Bursledon... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    God knows!!

I am imagine in the university it would be abit more tournament esq. but in the supermarkets it might just be a few stands with a few free posters and other nonsensical stuff.

Would be on another level if they had limited edition versions of FIFA though!

ReputationRep:
    Those ratings are out of date by the way. Some have changed, some are the same.

I'm a database reviewer and I agreed to a NDA so I can't really say more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuyo)
    Those ratings are out of date by the way. Some have changed, some are the same.

I'm a database reviewer and I agreed to a NDA so I can't really say more.
    Not even for some rep :awesome:

Do you think the new ratings are more acurate than the ones already posted?

What exactly do you do as a database reviewer btw? Do you have to watch all the players in the game play in real life via videos or something and then make an opinion on what you think their stats should be?

ReputationRep:
    What exactly do you do as a database reviewer btw? Do you have to watch all the players in the game play in real life via videos or something and then make an opinion on what you think their stats should be?
    Pretty much, but you can only raise feedback for players in the club(s) that you applied to review. Feedback being stats, appearance (physically and facially) and traits. Likewise you can only view full player details for your club.

You can kind of view other players, but only the rating in their preferred position. For example, I can view Stephen Ireland's rating, but only as a CAM.

Do you think the new ratings are more acurate than the ones already posted?
    To be honest, the changes are only a point here and there. Although some of those points here and there for certain players might cause a lot of complaints for fans of certain clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuyo)
    Pretty much, but you can only raise feedback for players in the club(s) that you applied to review. Feedback being stats, appearance (physically and facially) and traits. Likewise you can only view full player details for your club.

You can kind of view other players, but only the rating in their preferred position. For example, I can view Stephen Ireland's rating, but only as a CAM.

To be honest, the changes are only a point here and there. Although some of those points here and there for certain players might cause a lot of complaints for fans of certain clubs.
    People always complain!

Cheers for the answer though and I know you arnt allowed to say much.

Are you allowed to say which team(s) you were involved with?
    How did you get the chance to apply btw?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.