Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Fifa 10 Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I noticed that the shooting is alot harder. Unlike in 09, where even at full power the shot would more or less always go in. Shooting full power in 10 sends it into space.

Stray passes can be fixed with proper formations & instructions etc.., edited to your pref's.

Will be interesting to see what PES 10 (the finished product) is like in a few weeks time.

ReputationRep:
    Form is annoying on manger mode...agh.

ps. Mario Balotelli from Inter Millan is an great young talent for your team..

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with the form?

Weird how Ben Heim isn't at Portsmouth, and when i went to sign him he had 0% interest in joining the best club on the south coast.

Cheeky sod.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    What's wrong with the form?

Weird how Ben Heim isn't at Portsmouth, and when i went to sign him he had 0% interest in joining the best club on the south coast.

Cheeky sod.
    Well I'm playing with Barcelona in MM and rotate my players around all the time, yet they're never on top form...the majority of the time they have a orange arrow on the side of their name

Only my new players have top form =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spongebob*No*Pants)
    Well I'm playing with Barcelona in MM and rotate my players around all the time, yet they're never on top form...the majority of the time they have a orange arrow on the side of their name

Only my new players have top form =/
    Are you winning?

And rotating does not mean they will be on top form. It is about how they play, after about 5 games it levels off and starts working well in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Bought it yesterday on PS3 and played a few games on it! I think players are too easily knocked off the ball now by defenders When it's shoulder to shoulder the defender will win 90% of the time. It may be that I just need to get used to it though. Also, what's the point of having both pace control dribbling and skilled dribbling?

ReputationRep:
    Think it's pretty damn good, I'm sure it'll get annoying in a couple of days though.

paddy_scottish for PS3 if anybody wants a game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Are you winning?

And rotating does not mean they will be on top form. It is about how they play, after about 5 games it levels off and starts working well in my opinion.
    Of course i'm winning but mor eoften than not they are in bad form :mad:

Do you generally have players in good form or bad form?

ReputationRep:
    Of course i'm winning but mor eoften than not they are in bad form :mad:

Do you generally have players in good form or bad form?
    Up to now I've drew 2 and won 5 and out of my first team reina and aurelio are down, torres, Gerrard and arshavin are up and everyone else is neutral.

All the reserve and youth players are down though.

This might be because I have all the mangement things 10/10 except stadium. That's just guess work though god knows if that has any bearing.

ReputationRep:
    Up to now I've drew 2 and won 5 and out of my first team reina and aurelio are down, torres, Gerrard and arshavin are up and everyone else is neutral.

All the reserve and youth players are down though.

This might be because I have all the mangement things 10/10 except stadium. That's just guess work though god knows if that has any bearing.
    Strange...Are they in top form (super green arrow?) or just good form (green diagonal arrow?)

I'm awaiting for someone to scan and upload the fifa 10 official guide as a pdf

ReputationRep:
    Strange...Are they in top form (super green arrow?) or just good form (green diagonal arrow?)

I'm awaiting for someone to scan and upload the fifa 10 official guide as a pdf
    Nobody is super good or bad just diagonal down or up. It is a bit better than the beginning of the season when it was completely random.

ReputationRep:
    I played FIFA10 at a mates on ps3 this weekend. I was quite impressed, i love the licenses, being a true PES gamer at heart i love the licenses, the stadiums all real.

I was playing it and comparing it to FIFA09, yeah i am a geek, and there isnt too much difference in game play from the old version. One good thing is Pace, that really tells in this game, if you are pacey eg, wallcott against Dunne, you can pass him easily, though he is stronger and will win the physical battle, Wallcott can knock the ball and leave him for dead. I hate it when other games where pace doesnt make a difference, eg carragher can sprint alongside and keep up with Henry no problems lol

I like the online play, this is also fluid and good.

I like the large squads such as Liverpool have all the reserves to pick from also.

I am impressed by this game although the game play is lacking behind the pes2010 i think.

I would give it a 7/10. Not bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott85)
    I played FIFA10 at a mates on ps3 this weekend. I was quite impressed, i love the licenses, being a true PES gamer at heart i love the licenses, the stadiums all real.

I was playing it and comparing it to FIFA09, yeah i am a geek, and there isnt too much difference in game play from the old version. One good thing is Pace, that really tells in this game, if you are pacey eg, wallcott against Dunne, you can pass him easily, though he is stronger and will win the physical battle, Wallcott can knock the ball and leave him for dead. I hate it when other games where pace doesnt make a difference, eg carragher can sprint alongside and keep up with Henry no problems lol

I like the online play, this is also fluid and good.

I like the large squads such as Liverpool have all the reserves to pick from also.

I am impressed by this game although the game play is lacking behind the pes2010 i think.

I would give it a 7/10. Not bad.
    To be fair to the new FIFA pace is significantly less important than 09 where it dominated. On this one it is strength that dominates, so players like Carew are amazing. That being said though if you can create that bit of space for a speed player then you will notice that they can accelerate away.
    I still have the problem on PES of players like John Terry catching up Walcott, they have always done it and probably always will.

I do think you are giving FIFA too much credit with regards to the stadiums though because the stadiums on PES 2009 looked better than the ones on FIFA 10 and I imagine the PES 2010 ones will be even better as the graphics on the demo are better than the ones on the full FIFA 10 game.

I think the gameplay on FIFA is much more realistic and engaging that PES (which is a killer to say after all my years playing PES) but it just is not realistic to score a hat trick with your goalkeeper on the hardest settings or against other human players.
    The defenders on PES just don't seem to touch your players and they leave massive gaps on the sides of the defence.
    Another problem with the PES gameplay is the 'tram-like' feel that it still has. You run down the wing in a straight line, cross, then score. Since ISS this is the system I used to win tournaments etc because it was just too easy. And when playing the Master League I would buy the fastest players and put them at rb/lb, rm/lm and both striker positions or play 3-4-3 and have the front 7 as quick strikers with Adriano in the centre. This still works now and you can win by ridiculous scores.

So in my opinion the games have turned from what they are normally perceived to be.
    PES = better graphics but poor gameplay
    FIFA = good gameplay but not so great graphics

ReputationRep:
    Fifa 10 is almost perfect, EA just need to sort out the goalie glitch (dropping it more or less every game), and it will be perfecto!

That glitch has lost me all my online games so far, most in the last 2-3 mins. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Goalie glitch?

Are the EA servers down (ps3)?

Has anyone bought this for PC? What's it like compared to 09? The PC versions are quite a lot different to console versions so I'm still undecided on buying it this year :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Goalie glitch?

Goalie glitch: More or less every single shot the keeper drops (mostly online, and occasionally offline), meaning they always score!

And yeah, the Servers are down/completely screwed.

Same with that Gameface thing & EA Football World Site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Goalie glitch?

Apart from what Andrew said there is also the problem of goalkeepers rushing out leaving them open to rather easy chips.

The online is slightly laggy atm and will sometimes be really slow and sometimes really fast for no apparent reason, as well as not finding games and dc'n.
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    From what I have heard it is still the old gen engine, but don't quote me on that.

Apart from what Andrew said there is also the problem of goalkeepers rushing out leaving them open to rather easy chips.

The online is slightly laggy atm and will sometimes be really slow and sometimes really fast for no apparent reason, as well as not finding games and dc'n.

From what I have heard it is still the old gen engine, but don't quote me on that.
    Yeah I've heard that too :/ Looks like I'll stick with 09 this year :yy: Fifa 09 is still playable. I created a club and stuck in the worst players in the game and now I'm trying to get them promoted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    Yeah I've heard that too :/ Looks like I'll stick with 09 this year :yy: Fifa 09 is still playable. I created a club and stuck in the worst players in the game and now I'm trying to get them promoted
    I have heard that it is possible to download user created patches that update 09 so it is more like the console versions. And it puts in more teams and makes the stadiums more realistic, God knows where you would find them though.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.