Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    77% on the demo download, can't wait

ReputationRep:
    Is the demo up for the PS3? (can't check, as im not at home)

ReputationRep:
    Well up to now I am really enjoying the demo. Bayern Munchen seem to be my best team to use, although I don't like Ribery playing CAM so think I will change that about and stick Olic there perhaps or even Bastian once Robben is put in the team.
    As usual I hate using Barcelona, I really just cannot get to grips with using that team! Especially now the three cms are holding eachothers balls and running about in some super small triangle.
    Chelsea are hell to beat as well, Drogba chipped my keeper twice in one match, luckily enough I won on pens :p:

What are everyone elses impressions?

Also I think this is definitly a step up from 09, not a huge one like 07 to 08 but a definite improvement, and it now feels abit weird playing 09.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Well up to now I am really enjoying the demo. Bayern Munchen seem to be my best team to use, although I don't like Ribery playing CAM so think I will change that about and stick Olic there perhaps or even Bastian once Robben is put in the team.
    As usual I hate using Barcelona, I really just cannot get to grips with using that team! Especially now the three cms are holding eachothers balls and running about in some super small triangle.
    Chelsea are hell to beat as well, Drogba chipped my keeper twice in one match, luckily enough I won on pens :p:

What are everyone elses impressions?

Also I think this is definitly a step up from 09, not a huge one like 07 to 08 but a definite improvement, and it now feels abit weird playing 09.
    How much of the demo do you get to play then? As usually it's one half.. But you said you won on pens?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toothache)
    How much of the demo do you get to play then? As usually it's one half.. But you said you won on pens?
    You get to play two 3 minute halfs and if it is a draw at full time then you get pens. I was quite shocked myself when I got through to pens. I have listed the available teams to use on the previous page, they have been rather generous this year :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You get to play two 3 minute halfs and if it is a draw at full time then you get pens. I was quite shocked myself when I got through to pens. I have listed the available teams to use on the previous page, they have been rather generous this year :yep:
    Cheers for that pal. Now i've just got to wait for Sony to get their arse in gear!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Is the demo up for the PS3? (can't check, as im not at home)

Not yet :mad:

ReputationRep:
    The crossing is much better this year, as is the long passing. In 09 you couldn't really hit a long range pass as it would go so high that it would always be challenged by the opposition with a header. This year it feels much more direct and realistic.

The finesse or curling shot feels/looks a lot better this year aswel. Also, I don't know how I done it but I had a quick free kick, havn't been fouled since so I havn't had another go to try it, but it happened. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    have they got the next gen game on the pc? As last years pc game used the ps2 engine i believe

Edit: ah **** still old gen =\ Allow fifa then

(Original post by mc_watson87)
    have they got the next gen game on the pc? As last years pc game used the ps2 engine i believe

Edit: ah **** still old gen =\ Allow fifa then
    From reading the site I really don't think they have, it would definitely have been their biggest selling point for the game if it had the next gen engine. I hope someone who has played the game can prove me wrong though.

edit: just saw your edit. Not good :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    no PS3 demo! :mad:. Oh well my bro is downloading it on his xbox so i will have to nick a quick game on that instead for now. is it as good as exspected, for those who have luckly played it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflynn)
    no PS3 demo! :mad:. Oh well my bro is downloading it on his xbox so i will have to nick a quick game on that instead for now. is it as good as exspected, for those who have luckly played it.
    Has the new PSN content for today been released yet?

I thought they said it would be with that

ReputationRep:
    Has the new PSN content for today been released yet?

I thought they said it would be with that
    I have just downloaded the latest update, witch was the 3.0 update. But still no fifa 10 demo. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    I have just downloaded the latest update, witch was the 3.0 update. But still no fifa 10 demo. :rant:
    Ahh, might want to restart your ps3, then check again. I think it has just been loaded up.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s....php?t=1125745

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, might want to restart your ps3, then check again. I think it has just been loaded up.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s....php?t=1125745

cheers, i will try that bro! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    The crossing is much better this year, as is the long passing. In 09 you couldn't really hit a long range pass as it would go so high that it would always be challenged by the opposition with a header. This year it feels much more direct and realistic.

The finesse or curling shot feels/looks a lot better this year aswel. Also, I don't know how I done it but I had a quick free kick, havn't been fouled since so I havn't had another go to try it, but it happened. :laugh:
    Definitly agree with this, the crosses actually go towards one of your own players :eek: and the long passes are flat and hit hard towards your player giving you a chance to bring it down etc.

I like how pace is actually useful now as well, if you have a player like Messi ahead of Terry he will not be caught unless you stop sprinting.

And quick free kicks are auto if you want to take them, a nice little feature! Have there been any bookings in your games yet? When one of my players got booked, the ref gave him the yellow in real time! No cut scene, but the next time he actually went up and gave the yellow in a cut scene. Another thing in real time was the ref doing that 'no more' arm gesture they do, brilliant!!

Free kicks have been fine tuned as well so you can actually aim them properly, using the chip button causes you to hammer in a low shot on free kicks now as well.

A last point I've noticed is how many more animations the players have, if a ball is not aimed at them they willl move a leg out of the way or even jump over it! Same with the ref.

Scoring is a little bit tougher than FIFA 09 as well I think, but you feel better when you do get the goal :p:

(yes I know I made a point after my last point, but I don't care :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Definitly agree with this, the crosses actually go towards one of your own players :eek: and the long passes are flat and hit hard towards your player giving you a chance to bring it down etc.

I like how pace is actually useful now as well, if you have a player like Messi ahead of Terry he will not be caught unless you stop sprinting.

And quick free kicks are auto if you want to take them, a nice little feature! Have there been any bookings in your games yet? When one of my players got booked, the ref gave him the yellow in real time! No cut scene, but the next time he actually went up and gave the yellow in a cut scene. Another thing in real time was the ref doing that 'no more' arm gesture they do, brilliant!!

Free kicks have been fine tuned as well so you can actually aim them properly, using the chip button causes you to hammer in a low shot on free kicks now as well.

A last point I've noticed is how many more animations the players have, if a ball is not aimed at them they willl move a leg out of the way or even jump over it! Same with the ref.

Scoring is a little bit tougher than FIFA 09 as well I think, but you feel better when you do get the goal :p:
    (yes I know I made a point after my last point, but I don't care :p:)
    looks good though.

about the shooting, isn't it like a 2 tier shooting system?

also do you have any idea when the PS3 demo is out. I can't wait any longer.

What are you playing the demo on? I bought the game last year on PC and with no next gen engine this year I might not buy it. I'll have to play the demo first though.

ReputationRep:
    I think what the other poster above said is true. Its definately an improvement on 09, but not as big an improvement from 08 to 09.

They couldn't really change it too much because it was such a good game tbh. If it ain't broke don't fix it, kind of thing.

I'd also like to add I love how when another player shoots a member of the other team will actually jump in with his back to try and block instead of in 09 when they would just stand there.

ReputationRep:
    looks good though.

about the shooting, isn't it like a 2 tier shooting system?

also do you have any idea when the PS3 demo is out. I can't wait any longer.
    Yeps it is supposed to be;
    Below 50% power = low shot
    Above 50% power = high shot

But it doesn't really work out that way because you have player balance, direction facing, weak/strong foot, defenders jostling, defenders closing down. So a lot of the time the ball will fly quite high and swerve to the side.
    The old running through one on one and playing it sideways to an attacker is a nightmare, I've missed three sitters out of three doing that because Klose just spoons it wide lol.
    If you come in at an angle from the corner of the box and finesse it with about 25% that seems to go in a fair amount, at least with Anelka anyway :p:

From looking at a couple of the posts above it should be out now but you have to download the update and reset the PS3 but I don't have an official clue lol
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    I'm on the 360 playing mine and havn't noticed any more problems than you would expect from the demo.
    I havn't seen anything special regarding the PC news. For now I think they are concentrating on the consoles, but I do agree, last year on the PC was so bad!

Bugs I have noticed up to now:

Goalkeepers (Cech and Buffon up to now) sometimes have their overall reduced by about 20points, but this does not effect their individual attributes.
    A 'blur' effect where the players seem to split into a mirror image of themselves, last a second and does not effect gameplay.
    Players like Robben and Gudjohnsen at the wrong teams.
    Players like Demichells(sp) not in the team despite being a first team player.
    Sometimes players who are running in a straight line will veer slightly to the side running the ball out of play :facepalm:

Edit:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    The blocking animations really are great arnt they. I wasplaying against Chelsea and Terry dived full length across the floor to try and get his body in the way of a shot. And in another game Henry crossed a ball over and rather than Cole just letting it bounce past him he flung himself at it in a diving header to flick it over the incoming Messi.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.