Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have finally got hold of the long awaited demo now for my PS3.

So here is my exspert review:

Positives:

The shooting system is improved brilliantly, making curling (finise) a shot very realistic. Although the shooting appears too extreme at first, making it very very hard to score. Once you do score, their is a certain Va Va Voom about it, especially when you hit screamer. :yep:.

The most improved feature within gameplay itself, is most certainly the passing and movement of players. This movement and much more precise passing allows you to control your players with expert precision. The long passing gets a big :yy: from me, as the ball now moves across the pitch with ease, and arives at your players, without stupid interfearance from the oppsoing team. Long passing is probably my favourite improvment of the in game experiance. Now i can actually knock the ball from one wing to another without feeling scared to do it, as i did on fifa 09 (because you 8/10 lost the ball).

The quick free kick feature is also very effective, again another small, but excellent improvment on the game.

The 360 dibbling features again makes the control of players much more acctuate and more precise. Witch also gives little Messi an added advantage over the his oppenent, allowing me him to beat the defenders with ease. :rolleyes:

I also find the defence in terms of blocking the ball, an awesome added feature, although sometimes this does see me shout at the tv "for **** sake, why the **** did that ******* ball not go in the net".

Negatives

Although cut out scenes have been reduced, their are still too many, im talking about when a player recives a card in particular, it slows down the game, and at times can be very annoying.

The also applies for the constant appearance of the EA sports logo, witch tbh is really not tonned down atall (okay mabey slightly).

But as you can see, im kind of picking at staws with the negatives, because tbh their are not any real noticable ones.

Overall yet again Fifa have much improved the game (even if some less experianced fifa players can't see that). They continualy surprise me with how improved this game keeps getting, apart from last year when i was fairly dissapointed with the manger mode improvments , i should say lack of improvments, because imo they were not any atall. Roll on the full game, where i will be throughly looking forward to the apparently much improved manager mode. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    demo came out yesterday and when i first played i have to be honest i thought fifa 09 is better, the graphics are no different this year a couple players look more like them selves (walcott being one) he looks like an albino with downsyndrome in 09. I played it abit more today and i'm now staring to think it feels better than fifa 09, smoother controls, better shooting (volleys). Also they have improved the attacking side of the AI in 09 i could play on legendary and the only way the computer was scoring is from a corner or penalty, i have played the amature setting on the demo and have been lobbed, a freekick scored and a volley. The goalkeeper and defenders also have better awareness and dont act like mindless zombies as soon as the ball goes behind them or bounces off the crossbar. But i have to say i would be happy paying £5-10 for updated squads/stats and a new commentary pack for fifa 09 instead of paying £30-40 for fifa 10. Any thoughts?

(longest post i have ever written)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflynn)
    I have finally got hold of the long awaited demo now for my PS3.

So here is my exspert review:

Positives:

The shooting system is improved brilliantly, making curling (finise) a shot very realistic. Although the shooting appears too extreme at first, making it very very hard to score. Once you do score, their is a certain Va Va Voom about it, especially when you hit screamer. :yep:.

The most improved feature within gameplay itself, is most certainly the passing and movement of players. This movement and much more precise passing allows you to control your players with expert precision. The long passing gets a big :yy: from me, as the ball now moves across the pitch with ease, and arives at your players, without stupid interfearance from the oppsoing team. Long passing is probably my favourite improvment of the in game experiance. Now i can actually knock the ball from one wing to another without feeling scared to do it, as i did on fifa 09 (because you 8/10 lost the ball).

The quick free kick feature is also very effective, again another small, but excellent improvment on the game.

The 360 dibbling features again makes the control of players much more acctuate and more precise. Witch also gives little Messi an added advantage over the his oppenent, allowing me him to beat the defenders with ease. :rolleyes:

I also find the defence in terms of blocking the ball, an awesome added feature, although sometimes this does see me shout at the tv "for **** sake, why the **** did that ******* ball not go in the net".

Negatives

Although cut out scenes have been reduced, their are still too many, im talking about when a player recives a card in particular, it slows down the game, and at times can be very annoying.

The also applies for the constant appearance of the EA sports logo, witch tbh is really not tonned down atall (okay mabey slightly).

But as you can see, im kind of picking at staws with the negatives, because tbh their are not any real noticable ones.

Overall yet again Fifa have much improved the game (even if some less experianced fifa players can't see that). They continualy surprise me with how improved this game keeps getting, apart from last year when i was fairly dissapointed with the manger mode improvments , i should say lack of improvments, because imo they were not any atall. Roll on the full game, where i will be throughly looking forward to the apparently much improved manager mode. :woo:
    Nice demo review :yep:
    I pretty much agree with everything in there. I am finding it quite tough to remember that if I have the analogue stick at the slightest angle my player will run at that angle and run the bloody ball off the pitch. Thats my failure though :p: and I really do enjoy the new 360 dribbling, it improves control so much!
    Have you tried out 'skilled dribbling' yet (LT/L2+RT/R2), it is a nice way of keeping control of the ball and moving abit quicker than just using LT/L2.

I still havn't managed a Rory Delap yet but then again I don't have Rory Delap!

Like I said in a post above try the game on full manual or semi-assisted, as well as the game speed set to slow, and it becomes a completely different beast. When I scored a 20yard shot with Ballack I actually lept off my bed (and then collapsed in agony on the floor due to a slipped disc...:cool: )

Personally I think people should compare the FIFA 09 demo and the FIFA 10 demo if they want to see the major differences. Comparing a demo to a full game is not the way to go in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Simply put.

No.

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you trade your FIFA09 in for the FIFA10, not sure how much you'll get for it though in gamestation
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No i played the demo yesterday and whilst i did quite enjoy it, it was pretty much Fifa 09. its worth about 20-25.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Nice demo review :yep:
    I pretty much agree with everything in there. I am finding it quite tough to remember that if I have the analogue stick at the slightest angle my player will run at that angle and run the bloody ball off the pitch. Thats my failure though :p: and I really do enjoy the new 360 dribbling, it improves control so much!
    Have you tried out 'skilled dribbling' yet (LT/L2+RT/R2), it is a nice way of keeping control of the ball and moving abit quicker than just using LT/L2.

I still havn't managed a Rory Delap yet but then again I don't have Rory Delap!

Like I said in a post above try the game on full manual or semi-assisted, as well as the game speed set to slow, and it becomes a completely different beast. When I scored a 20yard shot with Ballack I actually lept off my bed (and then collapsed in agony on the floor due to a slipped disc...:cool: )
    Personally I think people should compare the FIFA 09 demo and the FIFA 10 demo if they want to see the major differences. Comparing a demo to a full game is not the way to go in my opinion.
    "yep, skilled dribbling" is awesome, its good to use in tricky situations like when your next the corner flag, ect.

Messi on that game = :coma:, he is just legendary to control. :love:

No i haven't had a chance yet to test a Rory Delap throw either, but at presant their is not Rory Delap, so we will have to see.

:rofl2:

One on ones is a *******, 9/10 atm on this demo i have ****** up a 1 on 1 chance. But im sure i was the same on all the other Fifa's on first, you just have to master the shooting, now on fifa 09 i score 9/10 1on 1 chances, (witch makes shooting actually boring now on fifa 09).

another thing i haven't seen yet in terms of shooting is the outside of the foot shoot when you are coming in at an angle, i have grown to hate that on fifa 09 because it does it sooooo ******* often, its just boring now, so hopefully (as of yet i haven't seen it), it wont be on this fifa as much.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be objective in your demo analysis play the FIFA 09 demo and then play the FIFA 10 demo, then do your comparison.
    The FIFA 09 full game was vastly improved to the FIFA 09 demo.

Personally I am quite enjoying the FIFA 10 demo, even more than the FIFA 09 full game.
    Whether it is worth £30-£40 to you is a different matter. I will be playing the game a minimum of about 10hours per week for around 10 months (take away 2 months for exams :rolleyes: ). So to me I will be paying about 10p per hour at most to play this game (if it is maximum price divided by total number of hours played) and this is just an estimate. So by that logic the game is easily worth the money to me, compared to say Prototype which (at the same price, £40) would cost about £4 per hour of playing time (as it takes about 10 hours to complete).

I am sorry if my post is confusing lol but the basic premise is - if you are going to play FIFA 10 a lot then it is easily worth the money over a game such as Prototype/Batman: Arkham Asylum etc when cost/playing time is taken into account.

Head over to the FIFA 10 thread in the gaming section for more info.

Edit: Also take into account that the demo is 3 builds old and is from around April.

ReputationRep:
    You can't compare a demo to the full game
    I like the demo very much, and I find it more of a challenge keeping the ball now the AI are literally pushing for every ball :top:
    Obviously not everything is done,but the full game will have sorted that out e.g. the movement is a bit laggy, you can't run with the ball at times.

ReputationRep:
    I would pay anything up to £60 for Fifa 10. The amount i play it, im getting more than my moneys worth from it. :yep:.

Also from the demo this is going to be such an awesome game, as usual.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see that I have to sort out my one on ones again this season :rolleyes:
    Still haven't managed it yet, only goals I've scored are curlers from outside the box with anelka :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflynn)
    "yep, skilled dribbling" is awesome, its good to use in tricky situations like when your next the corner flag, ect.

Messi on that game = :coma:, he is just legendary to control. :love:

No i haven't had a chance yet to test a Rory Delap throw either, but at presant their is not Rory Delap, so we will have to see.

:rofl2:

One on ones is a *******, 9/10 atm on this demo i have ****** up a 1 on 1 chance. But im sure i was the same on all the other Fifa's on first, you just have to master the shooting, now on fifa 09 i score 9/10 1on 1 chances, (witch makes shooting actually boring now on fifa 09).

another thing i haven't seen yet in terms of shooting is the outside of the foot shoot when you are coming in at an angle, i have grown to hate that on fifa 09 because it does it sooooo ******* often, its just boring now, so hopefully (as of yet i haven't seen it), it wont be on this fifa as much.
    I have done this a couple of times, but compared to the amount of shots I have had it is very low, especially compared to last years "everyone can kick a ball like Roberto Carlos" fest. It also doesn't have massively exagerated curl when you execute it and normally goes wide.

I have found cutting in off the left with someone like Anelka and finessing it around the outside of the keeper to be quite effective - and by quite effective I mean like 4/10!

Chipping the keeper is much harder this time around as well, unless it is Drogba against my keeper, I think every goal he has scored past me has been one of these :rolleyes:

My favourite player on the game up to now is probably Del Piero, he just can't stop scoring for me when I go Juventus.

Did you have a look at the skills vid I posted from one of the guys on the FIFA 10 forum? I need to learn these for some online amusement - like last year rainbow flicking it over an on-rushing keeper and having the opposition quit in disgust :woo:

Who is your favourite team to use? Mine is probably Bayern in this set up
    -------------------------Rensing--------------------
    Tymoschuk----Demichelis---Van Buyten---Lahm
    ----------------------Van Bommel------------------
    Ribery-------------------------------------------Olic
    ----------------------Schweinsteiger---------------
    ---------------------Gomez----Klose---------------

I can't wait until Robben is put into this team :eek3:

I hate using Barcelona though, I really just cannot get used to their style at all, on the proper game I will probably spread the 3 CMs out abit and see if that helps, but for now I cannot be bothered!

Will Chelsea have a transfer ban in manager mode? :holmes:

ReputationRep:

:eek: some epic skills there!

Edit: If anyone can tell me how to clean this post up please do, or if a mod can do it I would be most grateful, I do not have a clue what went wrong :confused:
    I just orgasmed at 3:20-3:28 :coma:

ReputationRep:
    FIFA only improves very slightly from each game, theres never a significant difference. I dont think there has been since 2000-2001 and 2002-2003. Its getting away with it because it has pretty stadiums and licences, even though most the players outside of the top clubs look generic with unrealistic ratings and cant be edited. Having said that, its not a bad game, but im just saying PES is better and more worth the money, especially as the gameplay is less scripted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    I just orgasmed at 3:20-3:28 :coma:
    Before I even look at it...
    The Messi drag back fake, cruijff turn and cross and Zlatan back heel volley? I want some of that!

Before this thread goes into melt down because I am posting a truly massive amount!

How about a TSR club this year? With Virtual Pros it will be awesome!

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    I was so tempted to start debating about PES but I'm hungry so cba.

ReputationRep:
    Before I even look at it...
    The Messi drag back fake, cruijff turn and cross and Zlatan back heel volley? I want some of that!

Before this thread goes into melt down because I am posting a truly massive amount!

How about a TSR club this year? With Virtual Pros it will be awesome!
    Hell yeah :top:
    Going to be learning all the tricks this year to aggrovate my friends again hehe. I'm taking my ps3 with me, but I'll also be playing it on mates xbox, so have to learn the controls on both :yes:

Also we should have a tsr club :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    I have done this a couple of times, but compared to the amount of shots I have had it is very low, especially compared to last years "everyone can kick a ball like Roberto Carlos" fest. It also doesn't have massively exagerated curl when you execute it and normally goes wide.

I have found cutting in off the left with someone like Anelka and finessing it around the outside of the keeper to be quite effective - and by quite effective I mean like 4/10!

Chipping the keeper is much harder this time around as well, unless it is Drogba against my keeper, I think every goal he has scored past me has been one of these :rolleyes:

My favourite player on the game up to now is probably Del Piero, he just can't stop scoring for me when I go Juventus.

Did you have a look at the skills vid I posted from one of the guys on the FIFA 10 forum? I need to learn these for some online amusement - like last year rainbow flicking it over an on-rushing keeper and having the opposition quit in disgust :woo:

Who is your favourite team to use? Mine is probably Bayern in this set up
    -------------------------Rensing--------------------
    Tymoschuk----Demichelis---Van Buyten---Lahm
    ----------------------Van Bommel------------------
    Ribery-------------------------------------------Olic
    ----------------------Schweinsteiger---------------
    ---------------------Gomez----Klose---------------

I can't wait until Robben is put into this team :eek3:

I hate using Barcelona though, I really just cannot get used to their style at all, on the proper game I will probably spread the 3 CMs out abit and see if that helps, but for now I cannot be bothered!
    oh mine is Bacerlona i love to keep possession, and just keep passing it, so they are made for my style :yep:. Also they have Messi, who as you can see im obsesed with.

so id go for:

...................Valdes .........................
    Abidal.....Puyol.......Pique.... .Alves

................Toure........... ............
    Iniesta....................Xavi. ........

Messi...........Ibra............ .....Henry

i'll take a look at the skill video.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Hewitt)
    FIFA only improves very slightly from each game, theres never a significant difference. I dont think there has been since 2000-2001 and 2002-2003. Its getting away with it because it has pretty stadiums and licences, even though most the players outside of the top clubs look generic with unrealistic ratings and cant be edited. Having said that, its not a bad game, but im just saying PES is better and more worth the money, especially as the gameplay is less scripted
    PES fanboyism is not cool :p:
    I loved Pro Evo from its ISS days right through to Pro Evo 5 (with a slight interlude of FIFA 98 due to the indoor arena :woo: ) but since the next gen came about FIFA has completely destroyed Pro Evo.
    Pro Evo now feels like old FIFA games were you could just grab your goalkeeper and take on the whole team and slot it in top bin regardless of whether you are playing against the computer on 5* or another good human player.
    I won quite a few of the regional and national tournaments as a Pro Evo player back in the PS2 days and was quite a zealot in defending it to any of those FIFA hacks :p: but UEFA 2008 and FIFA 2008 were vast improvements over Pro Evo 6 and 2008. FIFA 09 was simply on a different level compared to PES 2009.

If you want super fast arcade football with ridiculous high scores then play PES. If you want a football simulation then play FIFA. (That feels so strange saying that these days!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.