ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    I have this problem! So, I think I'm gonna have a shiisha party. :woo:
    Whats a shiisha party?

EDIT: Oh wait....yeah I know lol

ReputationRep:
    Jail house rock? My sisters 18th is in sep and shes not drinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    dinner with close friends?
    They turned into drinking parties when we held them with my friends.. :erm:
    Too much wine!

ReputationRep:
    I have this problem! So, I think I'm gonna have a shiisha party. :woo:
    im just curious how comes you smoke shisha but dont drink alcohol, as i would assume that both are detrimental to your health?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giran)
    LMAO, this reminds me of that inbetweeners episode.
    LOL all he needs is a good looking french guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arctic_wombaT)
    im just curious how comes you smoke shisha but dont drink alcohol, as i would assume that both are detrimental to your health?
    No way! Alcohol is much more harmful than shiisha. Shiisha has something like 0.5% drugs or something. Plus, it's all about the flavours. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    My friend, who doesn't drink, had a beach party for his 18th....We decorated the living room like a beach and dressed in shorts and bikinis and had limbo competitions and face painting and stuff

It was surprisingly fun :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    No way! Alcohol is much more harmful than shiisha. Shiisha has something like 0.5% drugs or something. Plus, it's all about the flavours. :cool:
    sorry im gonna have to disagree, because it seems obvious to me that sucking so much smoke in will damage your lungs, although not your liver like booze, (even if you dont take smoke in some will always get in, imo)

im talking about the smoke that is damaging, not the 0.5% drugs (i had never heard of that!)

thats why i prefer getting smashed on booze to smoking shisha, and i think the effects of booze are way better! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    An 18th without alcohol is like a hot dog without ketchup; totally wrong!

EDIT: Come to think of it, I only had one glass of champagne on the actual day :hmmm:
    Haha I had a bottle! T'was Christmas Eve though, so I had 2 excuses; birthday and the season to be jolly.

On my actual 18th party I fell off a table (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arctic_wombaT)
    sorry im gonna have to disagree, because it seems obvious to me that sucking so much smoke in will damage your lungs, although not your liver like booze, (even if you dont take smoke in some will always get in, imo)

im talking about the smoke that is damaging, not the 0.5% drugs (i had never heard of that!)

thats why i prefer getting smashed on booze to smoking shisha, and i think the effects of booze are way better! :woo:
    You don't take in the smoke, y'know. You hold it in your mouth (tasting the flavours) and blow it out again into cool shapes. Of course you shouldn't breathe it in, the thing's on coals for goodness sake, lol!

But to each their own, I guess. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    You don't take in the smoke, y'know. You hold it in your mouth (tasting the flavours) and blow it out again into cool shapes. Of course you shouldn't breathe it in, the thing's on coals for goodness sake, lol!

But to each their own, I guess. :yes:
    i know that you dont intentionally take it in, ive done it many times. But like i said its physically impossible to not take in some smoke into your lungs when you suck it in to your mouth!

yeah but like you said, whatever floats your boat :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    WRONG!
    WRONG!
    WRONG!
    WRONG!
    WRONG!
    WRONG!
    WRONG!
    WRONG!
    WRONG!

one more for good measure

WRONG!
    What's wrong? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    What's wrong? :confused:
    sorry I know I like your looks and all but...

You can have a good time without alcohol

Too many people don't think this, but it's true :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Paintballing in the day.

Dinner party/beach etc in the evening.

Awesome times :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    sorry I know I like your looks and all but...

You can have a good time without alcohol

Too many people don't think this, but it's true :yep:
    Oh yes, I don't dispute that at all.

I certainly don't advocate drinking so much you end up unconscious, but I do enjoy being in the company of a few people sharing a bottle of wine or something. I find conversation tends to flow better and there's no awkwardness, particularly if you're with people you've just met/don't know very well.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you go out to see a musical with friends down in the West End and have dinner afterward?

Oops, you live in Wales, but how about a day trip to London? Go sightseeing, musical, dinner, hostel for the night = win!

ReputationRep:
    Have a karate session and start beating each other up.

ReputationRep:
    Strip poker.

ReputationRep:
    Play with each other's gentiles :awesome:

Otherwise have maybe something like a film night, dinner party or go for a nice meal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.