Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Silent hill: Homecoming, any good? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was looking for another horror shooter after playing resident evil 5(hardly horror, more action, nothing on dead space) and I have stumbled across Silent hillomecoming

I haven;t played any other silent hill games but apparently this game isn;t really linked in with the old ones all that much so their shouldn't be loads of storyline I don't understand.

My question is whether it's actually any good? I'll get it for either PC or xbox 360. Not sure which, obviously games always seem to look better on the PC if you have a good enough computer to max the settings, which I do...but then my TV can't be used as a monitor I don't think and I do like my 360.

Any reviews of this game fellow gamers.

ReputationRep:
    you should get it for the xbox mainly because of the achievements. The ps3 version doesnt really have trophy so that takes the fun out of the game. Overall the game is fun and there time when you're going to be desperate for health and may be stuck in some area because of it back but it is thrilling.

ReputationRep:
    I had it for my xbox 360 and I recently sold it, even though I didnt finish the game!. The most annoying thing about it was the fact that there wasnt enough ammo about!!!!. I found plenty of first aid drinks/field health packs, but how are they any good when all you need are a few bullets to kill a boss??????. I got as far as the prison level, came to a ***** of a boss.....and had NO bulletts for any of my guns!!!. So frustrating.:mad: :mad:

Having said that though, I have played all of the previous SH games and liked them all....bar "The Room" , couldnt finish that one either due to that damn annoying guy following me around the whole time, killing me everytime!!!!!!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I had it for my xbox 360 and I recently sold it, even though I didnt finish the game!. The most annoying thing about it was the fact that there wasnt enough ammo about!!!!. I found plenty of first aid drinks/field health packs, but how are they any good when all you need are a few bullets to kill a boss??????. I got as far as the prison level, came to a ***** of a boss.....and had NO bulletts for any of my guns!!!. So frustrating.:mad: :mad:

Having said that though, I have played all of the previous SH games and liked them all....bar "The Room" , couldnt finish that one either due to that damn annoying guy following me around the whole time, killing me everytime!!!!!!.
    sounds hard lol. I heard you can melee though, maybe I will go on easy and just melee most monsters bar the boss's and shoot them.

I could get it on the PC and either make or download an inf ammo trainer or mod the amounts of ammo available if modding isn't impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    sounds hard lol. I heard you can melee though, maybe I will go on easy and just melee most monsters bar the boss's and shoot them.

I could get it on the PC and either make or download an inf ammo trainer or mod the amounts of ammo available if modding isn't impossible.
    Its not so much hard, more frustrating like I said. The particular boss I mentioned in my post, well you cannot get anywhere near or she just kicks you to the ground and keeps attacking you until you die. Having bullets in my gun would mean that I could at least stand at a safe distance and disable her for a few seconds during which time I could get around the back to hit her tail ( weak point) and maybe just have a chance at defeating the cow!!!!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Its not so much hard, more frustrating like I said. The particular boss I mentioned in my post, well you cannot get anywhere near or she just kicks you to the ground and keeps attacking you until you die. Having bullets in my gun would mean that I could at least stand at a safe distance and disable her for a few seconds during which time I could get around the back to hit her tail ( weak point) and maybe just have a chance at defeating the cow!!!!.
    hmm maybe I should get it for PC then, it's cheaper too.:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    hmm maybe I should get it for PC then, it's cheaper too.:p:
    Nonononono.
    It's a really bad port. Really, really, really bad port.

A major problem with the game is that it's simply not scary, and doesn't seem to have any thought behind it - while in previous silent hill games, the enemy designs could be related to the plot, in here they just chuck any old crap in and hope it works. The combat borders on the unplayable, and they use a /health bar/. I mean, come on. Health bar? Silent Hill? Naw.

If you want proof of just how not good this game is, check out the let's play - http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...407EAC3F644795

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.