Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dreams about my boyfriend being my dad? :| Watch

ReputationRep:
    My dreams are random, it's like someone decides up thier when i'm about to sleep and slips in some CD titled 'randomness' I once had a dream that I was at a ptrol station (even though I don't drive) and everyone was not human they were 'frubes' as in the chewy thing like 'Maoam' I don't think I have ever had 'Frubes or eaten them so I dunno. I'm just like Major wtf, I'd like to add i'm not mentally insane lol.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a dream but I was watching Jeremy Kyle the other day and he said that girls tend to go for guys who remind them of their father, aww

ReputationRep:
    lol you are like one of freud's wet dreams!

Having said that, I honestly wouldn't worry about it. The human mind is bloody ****** up, we can't do anything about it. As long as you act normal in REAL life, everything will be fine (y)

ReputationRep:
    yeahh im not saying that you fancy your dad or anything, but they say one of the reasons girls go out with guys who are quite a bit older than them is that they want a 'father figure' who will look after them
    a dreams a dream dont worry about it

ReputationRep:
    The best way to remedy this is to make sexual advances towards your father. See where it leads, your subconcious might be trying to tell you something.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same dreams frequently. Boyfriend and dad interchanging constantly. Issues that I have with my boyfriend I am hatching them out with my dad in my dreams. Once I dreamt that my dad and I were in a relationship but I loved my boyfriend and wanted to be with him but didn't want to hurt my dads feelings. I think it is something to read into if it's reoccurring. I think it is deeply intwind with patriarchal obligation. They both represent something similar in your life. Someone who is

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.