Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A Turkish Muslim man has been charged with first degree murder after confessing murdering a German man in broad daylight on one of Istanbul's busiest streets. The German national was repeatedly stabbed before people on the street intervened to help the man. When the Muslim man was questioned by the police, he said "I wanted to kill a Christian that day, I was walking around the churches, I saw that man and I killed him".

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/12128063.asp?gid=229 (Turkish article)

Now I'm not creating this thread to launch an assault on Muslims - I have many Muslim mates and they're lovely people who wouldn't hurt anyone. I'm posting this thread because I saw two other threads discussing the horrifying murder of a German Muslim woman while she was in court by a bigot and how the British media had ignored the issue and how this is evidence that the media is biased against Muslims because had it been the other way round i.e. the murder of a Christian German at the hands of a Muslim extremist, it would be front page news.

If that's the case, why isn't this incident - the brutal murder of a (European) Christian by a barbaric, intolerant Muslim - all over the media? I guess what I'm trying to say is that perhaps we would all be happier if certain people dropped the victim mentality and realised that the rest of the world isn't engaging in a conspiracy against them - it's just boring and self-centred attitude.

ReputationRep:
    Having lived in German Switzerland and experienced living with Turkish immigrants, I can tell you that religious differences, immigration and multiculturism are more of a problem on the continent than here (at the moment at least).

ReputationRep:
    Each country which has such problems must make special territories where extremists could kill each other and we could only bet for the fights,watching them in TV.
    If somebody attacks without a reason and choose the weakest that meens that he is coward.
    Brave people fight honestly.Brave people play in killing game in knifes and pistols.

ReputationRep:
    Strange how no one has responded to this thread, on the other thread loads of muslims were complaining, people like Snookercraze. I guess some of them only feel strongly for loss of human life when it is a fellow muslim.

What happened in Germany was tragic involving one nutcase, but nothing more, not a case of govt sponsored genocide. I am sure the german police will analyze the incident and imerge more prepared.

But what of the govt sponsored genocide in the middle east? The christian population has decreased from 20% to 2%. The persecution of Coptic Christians? The death penalty for people who convert from Islam? The high level of corruption, the lack of justice? Requiring 2 women to witness a crime but only 1 man?

Some muslims have negged me for this saying they are happy 9/11 happened e.t.c but it just confirms how much the truth hurts.

The west grants basic human rights not seen in many other nations. Maybe people like snookercraze should make a stand for this rather than act like a emotional slave of Allah and lose all sense of logic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo Con)
    Strange how no one has responded to this thread, on the other thread loads of muslims were complaining, people like Snookercraze. I guess some of them only feel strongly for loss of human life when it is a fellow muslim.

What happened in Germany was tragic involving one nutcase, but nothing more, not a case of govt sponsored genocide. I am sure the german police will analyze the incident and imerge more prepared.

But what of the govt sponsored genocide in the middle east? The christian population has decreased from 20% to 2%. The persecution of Coptic Christians? The death penalty for people who convert from Islam? The high level of corruption, the lack of justice? Requiring 2 women to witness a crime but only 1 man?

Some muslims have negged me for this saying they are happy 9/11 happened e.t.c but it just confirms how much the truth hurts.

The west grants basic human rights not seen in many other nations. Maybe people like snookercraze should make a stand for this rather than act like a emotional slave of Allah and lose all sense of logic.
    Did you just get more neg rep for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camden Town)
    A Turkish Muslim man has been charged with first degree murder after confessing murdering a German man in broad daylight on one of Istanbul's busiest streets. The German national was repeatedly stabbed before people on the street intervened to help the man. When the Muslim man was questioned by the police, he said "I wanted to kill a Christian that day, I was walking around the churches, I saw that man and I killed him".

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/12128063.asp?gid=229 (Turkish article)

Now I'm not creating this thread to launch an assault on Muslims - I have many Muslim mates and they're lovely people who wouldn't hurt anyone. I'm posting this thread because I saw two other threads discussing the horrifying murder of a German Muslim woman while she was in court by a bigot and how the British media had ignored the issue and how this is evidence that the media is biased against Muslims because had it been the other way round i.e. the murder of a Christian German at the hands of a Muslim extremist, it would be front page news.

If that's the case, why isn't this incident - the brutal murder of a (European) Christian by a barbaric, intolerant Muslim - all over the media? I guess what I'm trying to say is that perhaps we would all be happier if certain people dropped the victim mentality and realised that the rest of the world isn't engaging in a conspiracy against them - it's just boring and self-centred attitude.
    I think it was the nature of the crime which made it stand out more tbh. This is terrible but it's a murder, the other was a murder in a courtroom, an official setting with security and judges etc. making it even more strange that it wasn't picked up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Did you just get more neg rep for that?
    Yeah I got one more but nothing new. Doesn't bother me as long as the message gets through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    I think it was the nature of the crime which made it stand out more tbh. This is terrible but it's a murder, the other was a murder in a courtroom, an official setting with security and judges etc. making it even more strange that it wasn't picked up.
    To be honest, I don't understand why the murder in Germany is more newsworthy than the murder in Turkish. In the latter case, you have a (white) European tourist who was brutally murdered by a Muslim in broad daylight on one of the busiest roads in Istanbul - the largest city in Turkey, a prime tourist location for Western Europeans such as Brits. Surely the fact that this incident was completely ignored by the media demonstrates that the media doesn't have a thing against Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you 100%, Camden Town. I think people should just drop the victim mentality and do with their lives what they wish to do with their lives. It seems the cry of victimisation is the surest, most recognisable excuse for our own failure to recognise opportunities, as they stand before us. Everyone is quick to cry victim - christians, muslims, black, white, asian, gay, sucidal, intelligent, activist, low income earner, high income earner, etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo Con)

Agreed completely

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite significant how he says "Christian".

ReputationRep:
    What a horrid act. I hope the man gets a severe punishment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harris)
    Agreed completely
    Thanks for the support

ReputationRep:
    I think the problem is a Turkish one more than anything. Not the nicest of folks.

ReputationRep:
    Sad event, this one.

Although in response to OP's comparison with the barbaric murder of innocent pregnant woman in Germany, I must draw your attention to the fact that the victim's husband was shot by the police officer in German courtroom for trying to save his wife who succumbed to death.

Nothing of that sort happened in this latest unfortunate incident.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.p...ort-2009-08-04

heres the latest in a long-string of anti-christian incidents in turkey - surprising because turkey is meant to be the most modern muslim country in the world and they want to join the european union..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Human Condition)
    http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.p...ort-2009-08-04

heres the latest in a long-string of anti-christian incidents in turkey - surprising because turkey is meant to be the most modern muslim country in the world and they want to join the european union..
    It's really sad how the EU dangles EU membership just out of reach of the Turkey...it will never change, unless Turks realize its only a dream.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.