Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do i always 'freak out' when they get close Watch

(Original post by Creepy)
    Have you got a close male friend you can practice kissing beforehand?
    My best guy friend is gay. But im not sure how i'd approach him on the subject of me wanting to practice kissing on him though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creepy)
    Have you got a close male friend you can practice kissing beforehand?
    What an idea. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Several things going on...

1) You're very simply gay or asexual
    2) You're looking in the wrong place
    3) You're sending out the wrong vibes

(Original post by Flying Cookie)

Im not gay or asexual...

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty similar, its just like as soon as someone gets close emotionally or physically i get the urge to be away from them or stop fancying them.

ReputationRep:
    If you feel pressured, then don't do anything with them. However if it's only nerves that's holding you back, then go for it. I think it's actually better to have your first kiss with a randomer cause then if it goes badly (not to say it will) you won't have to see them again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well i think he was going to expect me to kiss him. And because ive not done it before, it makes me feel even more worried.
    Just go with the flow. If you seem uncomfortable the guy may hesitate because he may think you are not interested. Easier said than done but it will get easier with practice. Plus most decent guys will be understanding (well I would be http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif)

(Original post by Tinket)
    If you feel pressured, then don't do anything with them. However if it's only nerves that's holding you back, then go for it. I think it's actually better to have your first kiss with a randomer cause then if it goes badly (not to say it will) you won't have to see them again.

I think it could be down to nerves because i have never done anything with a guy. I generally would have no idea what i was doing which is what makes me more 'afraid'

ReputationRep:
    Gals ... at least you don't get bitter and start some jokes and put the guy in a hole xD
    Cause I do that quite often and then regret it , tck~ lol

ReputationRep:
    It is like after a certain point you feel like you want to block every advance he's making, right? Like you want to get out of that situation as soon as possible - never mind how?
    And you over-analyse the whole situation, which then seems so totally foreign to you and you don't know what to expect and suddenly you just want to get away?
    Why would you want to kiss some random guy anyway? (because it's fun - yeah, right.)

ReputationRep:
    With the whole kissing thing in clubs, I'd just go for it because although you may feel uncomfortable because it's your first time the guy probably wont care or remember due to alcohol intake

ReputationRep:
    I think it could be down to nerves because i have never done anything with a guy. I generally would have no idea what i was doing which is what makes me more 'afraid'
    Nah that doesn't matter; teaching girls is fun http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)

In relation to me, it's these two. Confidence is an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    I seriously think you would be fine after the first 5 mins... you just need to hang in there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    I seriously think you would be fine after the first 5 mins... you just need to hang in there!
    To me, I'm just scared of what people will think and what would happen next. Just don't have courage.

Not sure if op has confidence issues aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel, I was terrified of kissing someone in case I did it wrong so I just did it with a randomer. And it was fine. But like I said don't do anything you don't wanna do.

I have zilch confidence

ReputationRep:
    I have zilch confidence

Do you have no confidence in your appearance, and who you are? Scared of what people may think of you? Wondering if what you're doing with the guy is the 'right' way.

These are all my reasons...

ReputationRep:
    To me, I'm just scared of what people will think and what would happen next. Just don't have courage.
    Not sure if op has confidence issues aswell.
    1) whats the worst that people could think? They are all too busy thinking exactly the same thing as you.
    2) Anythink that happens next is in your control :cool:

Do you have no confidence in your appearance, and who you are? Scared of what people may think of you? Wondering if what you're doing with the guy is the 'right' way.

These are all my reasons...
    Mainly in my appearence and who i am and if what im doing is right.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.