Turn on thread page Beta

Swine flu - how worried are you? watch

ReputationRep:
    Swine flu - how worried are you?

Discuss.

I wonder whether pets are safe from this? I'm more worried about the virus mutating to another species and my dog getting this than anything else lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too worried. The first 'victim' of swine flu in our office went home yesterday, and wasn't in today. I've had slight breathing problems and a headache since yesterday, with a slight cough every now and again; but at the end of the day, if I've got it I'm not bothered - it's just flu.

ReputationRep:
    Not, apart from for my friend who's had a kidney transplant and thus could be knocked out for days with a normal cold.

ReputationRep:
    Not very, a few of my friends have had it and they're now fine. Pretty sure my boyfriend is coming down with it now, but best to get it out of the way now I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I'm not too worried. The first 'victim' of swine flu in our office went home yesterday, and wasn't in today. I've had slight breathing problems and a headache since yesterday, with a slight cough every now and again; but at the end of the day, if I've got it I'm not bothered - it's just flu.
    but the thing is if you have it then you should get it treated not just leave it (that's the impression i'm getting from your post :p: may be wrong) and see what happens because you may well go infect others if you don't get any medication or stop working for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone keeps saying I've got it. I'm not ill, no temp/aches but did have a cold for about five days (just blocked nose - felt completely fine in myself!) and still got an annoying cough. I also vomited mysteriously in the middle of the night about a week ago (covered the whole toliet bowl- ewwww!), but afterwards felt fine, but it is weird because I never get sick. The last time I properly vommed was around 6 years ago!

I thought you had to feel like death to have it?

ReputationRep:
    Not worried. Think I might've already had it :cool:

Not worrided at all. Because, heck, even if the human race was to go (:rolleyes:) it would be awesome. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, a few people i know at work have it. I really could not give a toss, I've come into contact with them, had conversations with them, just as they where getting ill. I don't generally get ill, so i'm fairly confidant i will be fine. Or, if not, i will catch it, and it'll probably kill me off.

Thinking about it, i did sneeze today in work, only once, but it was really powerful, it felt like an earthquake in my nose, and it actually hurt

ReputationRep:
    I have already had it, so I'm not worried .

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it, i did sneeze today in work, only once, but it was really powerful, it felt like an earthquake in my nose, and it actually hurt
    Cool.

ReputationRep:
    Im not worried, in a way I want to have had it, so then i can get a t-shirt saying "I survived Swine Flu."

However I dont want flu because its annoying, I just want to have survived it.

ReputationRep:
    I think I have had it but I'm getting over it fine, the worse thing is not being able to go out... I'm bored lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not worried about swine flu even though I saw someone who had it the other day. Only if you have a verry low immune system (eg baby which hasn't built one up yet or an old person's who's has gotten bad over time) will it have any serious effects on you.......I think :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    but the thing is if you have it then you should get it treated not just leave it (that's the impression i'm getting from your post :p: may be wrong) and see what happens because you may well go infect others if you don't get any medication or stop working for a while.
    If it turns out that I do have it, I'll obviously quarantine myself. :p:
    But a slight headache and a cough isn't enough for a diagnosis unless it gets worse.
    Don't see the need to 'get it treated' though; I've had flu before and got over it fine. I just won't subject it intentionally on others.

ReputationRep:
    I have already had it, so I'm not worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    If it turns out that I do have it, I'll obviously quarantine myself. :p:
    But a slight headache and a cough isn't enough for a diagnosis unless it gets worse.
    Don't see the need to 'get it treated' though; I've had flu before and got over it fine. I just won't subject it intentionally on others.
    proper flu or just a bad cold because i heard that people often get the two confused.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still not at all worried. Loads of people I know have it already. If I get it, so be it. I'm not going to do anything differently to avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    proper flu or just a bad cold because i heard that people often get the two confused.
    Flu, and it knocked me out for a week or two, but I recovered. I don't understand the obsession with getting vaccinated, and treated; it'll only mutate anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Just recovered from the ol' Swine flu at the beginning of this week. Looked on the NHS website and took the test and it said I had swine flu so meh :/

Was horrendous and had every symptom, except vomiting, but thats because I hate it so I always stop myself from throwing up if I can

Hopefully that means I wont get it again, or at least that I wont get it as bad when it gets worse :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.