Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried of all the attention it's getting......and how little the likes of malaria gets instead.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not worried. Know a few people who have it or have had it recently. I have no 'underlying health problems' so if I caught it i'd more then likly be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    I'm worried of all the attention it's getting......and how little the likes of malaria gets instead.
    Malaria is not dominant in the UK, thats why.

ReputationRep:
    Im not worried at all, infact I hope swine flu and seasonal flu combine to claim as many lives as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Very

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I'm not too worried. The first 'victim' of swine flu in our office went home yesterday, and wasn't in today. I've had slight breathing problems and a headache since yesterday, with a slight cough every now and again; but at the end of the day, if I've got it I'm not bothered - it's just flu.
    Which can kill you...

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering how many people have actually go swine flu. I had regular flu a few years ago and it was horrible, I could barely move. Alot of victims I've spoken to have described it like I would describe a normal cold.

ReputationRep:
    Not worried in the slightest. If i get it, i get it. Its just ruddy flu. The media has blown it so much out of proportion!

ReputationRep:
    Not at all worried, I don't have any relatives who are at risk and I'm not so there's no point getting stressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Which can kill you...
    Normal flu kills numerous people each year... swine flu is no different. You'll be fine if you have no underlying courses or such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Which can kill you...
    Not unless you're at risk - i.e you have an immune system problem, you're very young, elderly or have an underlying problem like asthma. AFAIK of all the 30 people so far, no-one who's died from it has *just* had Swine Flu.

ReputationRep:
    When people are dropping down like flies outside my front door then I'll consider being worried.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just hoping that none of my family or our friends get it before we go on holiday!
    I just went on facebook like 2 mins ago and 2 friends relatives have got it, it's spreading soooo fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    Normal flu kills numerous people each year... swine flu is no different. You'll be fine if you have no underlying courses or such.
    Yeah it kinda annoys me that everyones panicking over swine flu but it's just the same as normal flu really. I read somewhere that 22,000 people die in Britain of normal flu every year!!

ReputationRep:
    Basically like normal flu, with the ability to spread faster! No worries until/if it mutates for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    Malaria is not dominant in the UK, thats why.
    Yeah, funny how these News Corporations only start to bang on about these kind of hyperboles when it affects people living in Britain.

I understand that we should be informed about it, but for Christ's sake, how many people have died from it since the outbreak? Absolute minimal compared to other diseases that kill so many more in the world.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not worried in the slightest, you dont feel that bad and it's not likely too kill someone healthy.

I went to my GP today about an issue in my neck. Whilst she was faffing about on her computer, I asked her about it. And in her words she said the following:

''Its honestly not as bad as seasonal flu'' . . .

After hearing that, I feel a tad better, but im still cautious about it though - washing my hands like every 5mins and carrying tissues everywhere incase I get a cough/sneezing fit.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all

ReputationRep:
    British tourists came to Cyprus, then some Russian tourists came to Cyprus, then the Russian tourists went back to Russia and they had SWINE FLU!

If this is not bio-terrorism, I don't know what is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.