Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    umm, i just got a wii, how do i get to the internet browser? i can get onto the wii internet channels like forecast and news, but dno how to get onto other websites, help

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been on it in a while, but I'm pretty sure you have to pay to download the internet channel, my good friend Rishi.

Waste of money if you ask me...

ReputationRep:
    oh

ReputationRep:
    Buy wii points, go onto the wii shop channel and buy the internet channel. I havent done it though, waste of money if u ask me.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think you had to buy the internet channel :s it was free when i downloaded it from the shopping channel, although that was a while ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rishi08)
    umm, i just got a wii, how do i get to the internet browser? i can get onto the wii internet channels like forecast and news, but dno how to get onto other websites, help
    Yeah, you need to pay for it. It's supposed to be alright though.

ReputationRep:
    Unless of course... you know about HomeBrew.

*cough*

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to pay for it.
    When you buy games (only published by Nintendo I think) there is a slip in side with a scratch off panel.
    Put the code in, and soon enough, you'll have enough points to trade for the Wii points to buy the internet channel.

This depends on how many games you have. I'm not sure how many it'll take. But the console itself gives quite a few points, and DS games and consoles also count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    You don't need to pay for it.
    When you buy games (only published by Nintendo I think) there is a slip in side with a scratch off panel.
    Put the code in, and soon enough, you'll have enough points to trade for the Wii points to buy the internet channel.

This depends on how many games you have. I'm not sure how many it'll take. But the console itself gives quite a few points, and DS games and consoles also count.
    :yes: :yes: This is what I did. You have to wake up early to get the points though as they run out quickly

Edit: The browser is quite good; you can watch stuff like youtube and iplayer. Don't get me started on the DS browser :stomp:

ReputationRep:
    It was free when I downloaded it a long while ago. Either way it's not very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thethinker)
    :yes: :yes: This is what I did. You have to wake up early to get the points though as they run out quickly

Edit: The browser is quite good; you can watch stuff like youtube and iplayer. Don't get me started on the DS browser :stomp:
    I can't even use the DS one. Something like its only workable on WEP security and I have WPA.

I got the points randomly at about 4pm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.