Turn on thread page Beta

Bikini for size 12? watch

ReputationRep:
    In September I am going on holiday with three friends. All 3 of these friends are a size 6 and I'm a 12. Great! I'm really concerned about what I am going to wear on the beach / by the pool. I don't think I look good in a bikini cause my tummy is fat, so do you think I should wear a bathing suit? Will this look silly on holiday?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think? How do you feel wearing a bikini? if you're comfortable wearing one, then wear one. If you're not, then wear a swimsuit. Only you know how you feel....

ReputationRep:
    Size 12 isn't fat....
    how tall are you?
    Wear a bikini! As long as it's not tiny with tiny strings and really skimpy there is no way you will look bad.

http://www.lasenza.co.uk/swimwear/bi...=S309_Swim_19b

thats a nice shape to it although you may want a bright colour and with the shorts it would show off your shape.

ReputationRep:
    You're a size 12! Be proud of that healthy shape (if you are over 5''2ish) Go for it, wear a great bikini!

ReputationRep:
    tankini's are also nice... and there are some really flattering ones out in the shops right now! don't feel pressured to wear stuff you dont feel comfortable, but at the same time dont feel intimidated into not wearing something because you dont look like your friends.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, of you can feel comfortable go for it! Full on bikini! No need to cover yourself with 'covering bikinis' or 'tankinis' I mean so long as you feel comfortable then nothing should stop you. I'm a size 12 as well as other people, and we all look fine x

ReputationRep:
    A tankini will draw more attention to you if they're all wearing bikinis, cos you'll kind of be the odd one out. Honestly, Size 12 is definitely not fat, just get a bikini you feel comfortable in and you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Bikinis are fine on a size 12.....I wore one on holiday

ReputationRep:
    im a size 12 n i think that bikinis are more attractive than full swimming suits or tankinis, i don't know why, just think it flatters your shape more! i think this for any1 up to a size 16 maybe, beyond that and maybe you should cover it up a bit! i got mine from primark for £6 and i swapped the two halves round so i could have a size 10 top and size 12 bottoms!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I used to wear bikinis when I was size 12 and I looked fine, so I'm sure you will look fine in one too, but it's whatever you're comfortable with.

ReputationRep:
    It's a holiday, not a fashion parade. Wear what you like - bikini, tankini, one-piece...anything goes.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Tankini?

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem with bikinis too. Im a size ten, but Ive got really big boobs. So I have to buy seperates, which are suprisingly difficult to find!

So, I tend to wear a costume. It doesnt look as odd on a beach as I thought it would :P

ReputationRep:
    Size 12 isn't fat and we all have tummies so who cares! Personally I think a bikini would look better than an all over cozzy and you can always wear a sarong tied round your waist if it makes yo feel better but why hide? Your a woman witha womanly shape, sod everyone else and just enjoy yourself!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmerald)
    In September I am going on holiday with three friends. All 3 of these friends are a size 6 and I'm a 12. Great! I'm really concerned about what I am going to wear on the beach / by the pool. I don't think I look good in a bikini cause my tummy is fat, so do you think I should wear a bathing suit? Will this look silly on holiday?
    Thanks.
    I'd take a size 12 over a size 6 everytime. Don't worry so much.

If you feel bad just be glad you don't look like this in swimwear:

ReputationRep:
    nah, size 12 is fine. just don't stand next to your size 6 friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny28)
    im a size 12 n i think that bikinis are more attractive than full swimming suits or tankinis, i don't know why, just think it flatters your shape more! i think this for any1 up to a size 16 maybe, beyond that and maybe you should cover it up a bit! i got mine from primark for £6 and i swapped the two halves round so i could have a size 10 top and size 12 bottoms!
    Thats what I did haha, I got size 8 top and size 12 bottoms....clearly a classic pear :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    What do you think? How do you feel wearing a bikini? if you're comfortable wearing one, then wear one. If you're not, then wear a swimsuit. Only you know how you feel....
    wrong. Its not about how you feel, its about what looks good.
    If you are fat, accept it and wear a swimsuit. You can get nice ones, and noone will think anything of it. You will look better in a swimsuit if you have flab
    maybe get one of those that are like bikinis from behind but have material around the front?
    oh and why does everyone assume she has a shape? Being size 12 doesn't mean you have a shape...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaztan)
    wrong. Its not about how you feel, its about what looks good.
    If you are fat, accept it and wear a swimsuit. You can get nice ones, and noone will think anything of it. You will look better in a swimsuit if you have flab
    maybe get one of those that are like bikinis from behind but have material around the front?
    oh and why does everyone assume she has a shape? Being size 12 doesn't mean you have a shape...
    I'm not wrong at all. You're just vile. Anyone can wear a bikini if they choose to. It's not up to you or I to tell them what they can and cannot wear.

Op, I stand by what I said, wear what YOU feel comfortable in, not what dip ****s like Jaztan say.

ReputationRep:
    Wear what you want. Size 12 isn't fat. As long as you don't pick a really obvious, unflattering colour or shape you'll be fine. Go shopping for a bikini, and find one you LOVE. You know when you put something on that it looks good - and you'll feel good in it. Size 6 is TINY, so of course you're going to look bigger next to them. But then - a size 10 would look big next to them so don't worry. As long as you feel comfortable it doens't matter.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.