Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a size 10 and just bought a tankini cos I have a tummy! But that's just me, go for it with the bikini if you want to! size 12 isn't too big for a bikini at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I'm not wrong at all. You're just vile. Anyone can wear a bikini if they choose to. It's not up to you or I to tell them what they can and cannot wear.

Op, I stand by what I said, wear what YOU feel comfortable in, not what dip ****s like Jaztan say.
    What total ********.
    Anyone can wear a bikini, but not everyone should.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps your friends don't look as good as you imagine they will... in my opinion, bikinis don't always look great on scrawny people. Depends on the figure.

Either way, forget about how they do or don't look... find something that suits you. I like www.lasenza.co.uk for bikinis, as you can buy the top and bottom bits seperately so you can get an actual bra size (ie 34D or whatever) so it gives more support and looks sexier!

If you prefer a swimsuit, then get a swimsuit. It will hide your tummy. If you want a bikini or tankini, then choose one that isn't mega pale but isn't black either (unless you have a natural tan). Choose one that draws attention to a body part you like... either nice boobs (which your skinny mates probably don't have!) or long legs.

The most important thing is that YOU are confident in what you have chosen to wear. So pick something you like and feel happy enough to wear... and take a little sarong with you to keep on when you're not sunbathing or in the water! This boosts confidence :-)

AND REMEMBER... THERE WILL ALWAYS BE LOOOOADS OF PEOPLE ON THE BEACH WHO DON'T LOOK GOOD OR WHO ARE MEGA SUNBURNT OR TOO ORANGE WITH FAKE TAN! NEXT TO THEM, YOU WILL FEEL VERY CONFIDENT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    Perhaps your friends don't look as good as you imagine they will... in my opinion, bikinis don't always look great on scrawny people. Depends on the figure.
    Classic jealousy right there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaztan)
    Actually, not at all... I am a size 10 with a small waist and a 34DD chest. I wouldn't want to be any thinner, I like my sexy curves (in the right places), as do most men!

I think it's OK to be skinny, curvy or even bigger, depending on the person. Everyone has different preferences as to what they think is attractive. I eat healthily and keep fit and I'm very happy how I am :-)

ReputationRep:
    Clearly, she's just so desperate to be called 'scrawny' - of course she must absolutely be jealous. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Clearly, she's just so desperate to be called 'scrawny' - of course she must absolutely be jealous. :rolleyes:
    lol I think you misunderstood. I meant that larger people like to call slim people horrible words to make themselves feel better because they are jealous... scrawny being the word in this case.
    don't comment unless you understand what you are commenting on :top:

ReputationRep:
    Actually, not at all... I am a size 10 with a small waist and a 34DD chest. I wouldn't want to be any thinner, I like my sexy curves (in the right places), as do most men!

I think it's OK to be skinny, curvy or even bigger, depending on the person. Everyone has different preferences as to what they think is attractive. I eat healthily and keep fit and I'm very happy how I am :-)
    ok bit still, calling her friends scrawny was a bit harsh seeing as you've never actually seen them and don't actually know

OP - I say go for it. Im a 10-12 and I wear bikini's on holidays. I don't particularly give a monkey's of what random people will think. So long as im comfy in it and it fits alright (in the right places) - doesn't bother me at all.

You wear what you want to wear Have a nice holiday.

ReputationRep:
    wear a bikini ! relax

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone can generalise and say that certain sizes look bad in bikinis. I'm a size 10-12 but I'm hourglass shaped and fairly tall, so I get loads of compliments when I wear a bikini. Whereas I've got a friend whose size 6 and tiny, but she's an apple shape, and doesn't look too good in a bikini. So just because they're smaller than you doesn't necessarily mean they'll look better.

But either way, I think you should just go for it and wear a bikini. Although if its going to make you feel uncomfortable I'd go for a swimsuit, as I'm not too keen on tankinis.

I'm a bit obsessed with 50s style swimsuits at the moment so I reckon that kind of style would be really flattering and look more stylish than a normal swimsuit:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3442/...af4d97c035.jpg
    http://struggle.net/ben/2004/bm/marilyn_swimsuit.jpg

I like this sort of thing too with the high-waisted bikini bottoms:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_abGRa1b0BJ...i-front_sm.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AY6i1kASje...0/100_0618.JPG

ReputationRep:
    ok bit still, calling her friends scrawny was a bit harsh seeing as you've never actually seen them and don't actually know
    I was answering the OP's question and it probably made her feel better, which is good if she needs confidence for the beach :-)
    I never said her friends were ugly girls, it was just an opinion on size that I thought might help the OP.

ReputationRep:
    I was answering the OP's question and it probably made her feel better, which is good if she needs confidence for the beach :-)
    I never said her friends were ugly girls, it was just an opinion on size that I thought might help the OP.
    Making her feel better by insulting her friends? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Making her feel better by insulting her friends? :confused:
    No. Merely pointing out that being a smaller clothes size doesn't make you automatically look better in a bikini. I have seen some skinny girls who look great in a bikini and others who looked awful. It works both ways, no matter what your size.
    Sometimes, if someone gets a body hangup for a particular reason though, they can't see that they actually look good and think everyone else looks better, even if perhaps they don't.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.