Turn on thread page Beta

Why am i always smaller teh day after the gym? watch

ReputationRep:
    Every time i go gym and do a full body orkout the next day i seem to be smaller, not alot smaller but my arms certainly feel smaller. Then all of a sudden the day after that i seem to go back to normal size. Is there any explanation for this or is it all in my head.

ReputationRep:
    my guess is that when you flex in the gym after a workout you look MASSIVE, then the next day you feel smaller

ReputationRep:
    maybe right after your workout you look in the mirror and appear bigger from the blood in your muscles and you remember that picture in your head?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canadianized)
    maybe right after your workout you look in the mirror and appear bigger from the blood in your muscles and you remember that picture in your head?
    haha beat you :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    my guess is that when you flex in the gym after a workout you look MASSIVE, then the next day you feel smaller
    that would make sense. I should've thought of that Thanks

ReputationRep:
    the disks in your spine compress, once you sleep and lie down for a longer period of time you will regain your normal height.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomTeeTom)
    that would make sense. I should've thought of that Thanks
    nice ABB offer from warwick econ!

I suggest that you take photos of yourself after each month, so you can see the real progress and keep yourself motivated!

ReputationRep:
    u went catabolic cos u missed a shake x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    u went catabolic cos u missed a shake x
    ryu dicks all over vega anyday lol

HADOUKENNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomTeeTom)
    Every time i go gym and do a full body orkout the next day i seem to be smaller, not alot smaller but my arms certainly feel smaller. Then all of a sudden the day after that i seem to go back to normal size. Is there any explanation for this or is it all in my head.
    I think it's psychological. We are often deceived by our eyes. But your arms are tired and your whole body is worked, so you do shed some weight. Maybe its the way you feel. Because your muscles are literally ripped and when they recover you feel stronger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    nice ABB offer from warwick econ!

I suggest that you take photos of yourself after each month, so you can see the real progress and keep yourself motivated!
    Thanks. Hopefully i won't be needing that Warwick offer

ReputationRep:
    Because blood inflates your muscles to SWOLE proportionz.

ReputationRep:
    I hate people that stand infront of the mirrors at the gym and pose. Self love should be kept private.

ReputationRep:
    Flexing between sets actually keeps muscles warm, blood flowing and CNS ready to contract for swole lifting.

I do it on the sly when I go for a slash cause I like seeing how wtf I look like with a huge pump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    I hate people that stand infront of the mirrors at the gym and pose. Self love should be kept private.
    Guilty as charged. It was a running joke at my old gym that I came in for the mirrors! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Guilty as charged. It was a running joke at my old gym that I came in for the mirrors!
    Ah well you're different

ReputationRep:
    my guess is the day after the workout your muscle fibres are torn and would look smaller than the pumped up ones in the gym. The following day your muscle fibres start repairing and adding new fibres to your muscles, bringing you back to the same appearance or looking slightly more pumped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    my guess is the day after the workout your muscle fibres are torn and would look smaller than the pumped up ones in the gym. The following day your muscle fibres start repairing and adding new fibres to your muscles, bringing you back to the same appearance or looking slightly more pumped.
    This is what I think and would have said.

Same happens to me, I need to wait until two days after my workout to get back to, or bigger, than before the workout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    I do it on the sly when I go for a slash cause I like seeing how wtf I look like with a huge pump.
    :rofl:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.