Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well I went to visit the Doctor today about my acne, and he gave me some ointment to use, and he said wash your face with soap and water.

Only thing I don't get is, what does he mean by soap, like a soap bar or facial cleansers, ect

Just need to clear it up

Thanks

ReputationRep:

This is soap.

These are facial cleansers.

ReputationRep:
    lmao i was gonna say that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapsLocke)

Just need to clear it up

Thanks
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Soap is soap. Facial cleansers have various chemicals in them.

If you can't bring yourself to use a bar of soap then I really recommend the "Simple" range from Boots or any supermarket. It's fantastic and I used it in conjunction with Erythromycin and it cleared up in about six months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    Soap is soap. Facial cleansers have various chemicals in them.

If you can't bring yourself to use a bar of soap then I really recommend the "Simple" range from Boots or any supermarket. It's fantastic and I used it in conjunction with Erythromycin and it cleared up in about six months.
    Recommending "Simple" to the OP, God I love irony :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think he meant there's no 'e' in doctor. Or a normal bar of soap. But it could be either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapsLocke)
    Well I went to visit the Doctor today about my acne, and he gave me some ointment to use, and he said wash your face with soap and water.

Only thing I don't get is, what does he mean by soap, like a soap bar or facial cleansers, ect

Just need to clear it up

Thanks
    Soap dries out the skin though, remember that.

ReputationRep:
    i was told to do that and used a bar of soap from the simple range, it was gentle and didn't dry my skin out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant_Steps)
    Recommending "Simple" to the OP, God I love irony
    Thank you. I'm glad someone noticed that too lol

ReputationRep:
    I think your doctor would have been recommending very plain soap such as Simple or even a cheap supermarket own brand that doesnt have much scent. This won't aggitate your skin.
    It sounds silly but so many people with acne try product after product and forget that soap and water is very effective at drying out alot of the facial oils.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.