Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Exercises that pull shoulders back? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm wondering which exercises pull your shoulders back because after a brief encounter with a physio as when i do the movement of lateral raises and other movements such as shoulder push i can feel like tension in my "trap" the only way i can descriobe is like if you run your hand along a metal security fence, it has that sort of feel of click click click.

she said my shoulders need to be pulled back more, and she could get my hand under my shoulder blades. Unfortunatelty i didn't have enough time to ask her what exercises. So which exercises can i do?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Correct your sitting posture is one thing you can do to sort it out and i remember my physio saying to me - if i did weight lifting (which i don't) try not to work your chest as much more the back

ReputationRep:
    Face pulls

/thread

ReputationRep:
    For my back I do lat pulldowns, seated rows and I think.. military press does trapizius (top of back) but im not sure on that 1

ReputationRep:
    Shrug for traps.. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking though.

If your backs too weak compared with your chest do pullups, deadlifts, bent-over rows and shrugs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.