Turn on thread page Beta

Things your partner does that really annoy you... watch

ReputationRep:
    - He always, always leaves things in the first available space...his hat always ends up on top of the fridge, he never puts his shoes in the cupboard, his computer stuff gets put EVERYWHERE (at some points there's been some in every room including the bathroom and the kitchen), if he makes himself some toast the butter gets left on the side and clothes get dumped where he takes them off.
    - He says he'll do something but doesn't and then if I end up doing it he moans that he was just about to.
    - I always have to make decisions about everything.
    - He always promises to do nice things or to make an effort to do housework and after about a day it always falls through.
    - He can't stand up for himself or for me.

I do love him to bits but sometimes I could strangle him!

ReputationRep:
    Her lack of material substance. Get some matter already!

Uhh.. sleeping patterns another one here. He wakes up so late that the day is practically gone, and I'm a bit of an early bird. He also gets very moody when he drives, because he hates driving... but suddenly it's my responsibility to get him back in a good mood. He doesn't like the same sort of food as me - at ALL. He is really picky, doesn't like anything with any kind of sauce (so no curry, stirfry, anything you make in a casseroly type thing). Vegetarian too, so incredibly difficult to cook for.

ReputationRep:
    Gets stressed waaaaaaay too much about work.
    Take little issues too seriously, which makes me worry about him worrying.
    Doesn't understand what I mean when I say 'I want more effort' and then 'it's the thought that counts'.
    And yesterday, not realising or appreciating me doing something mushy/nice... makes me wonder why I bother?!

Oh and in uni, leaves rubbish like disgusting plates and choc wrappers as well as used tissues ALL OVER MY ROOM!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19music4)
    When I try to be all annoyed and huffy with him, he always has a way to make me smile, even though i really dont want to!
    Haha im the same. When i get cranky with him he either kisses me or makes me laugh and then i forget what i was mad at him for! (its usually for something silly anyway lol).

As for the annoyingness.. i think thats mostly on my part. He doesnt really do anything to annoy me but sometimes i reflect back on how we were (weve been together a longggggg time) and the difference annoys me and i find myself thinking why hasnt he done this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiated yoghurt)
    I've just noticed how almost every single one of the replies are of the female variety
    Females have lots to ***** talk about.

ReputationRep:
    She crys . . . . . . ALL THE ******* TIME!!!!!!

Way too clingy, dependent, and emotionally immature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Omg, it's exactly the same here. Except I end up adapting to his sleeping patterns. I went to bed at 5am this morning, and got up at 1. I hate doing that!

He pokes my nose when I've fallen asleep before him, because "it's funny to watch your face twitch!". Oh, and sometimes he can be incredibly tight with his money, but then he buys me dinner and pays for my train tickets!
    And the only other thing I can think of is that he can take ages before he responds to me via text or whatever, or he takes too long to get out of bed and then we're late. Oh, and he gets really stupidly annoyed at his laptop, which in turns pisses me off... So then he has the habit of putting his arms around me like a 4 year old and shouting "YOU CAN'T BE MAD AT ME IF I'M CLINGING TO YOOOOU!"

I'm going out with a retard
    Sorry but I just had to laugh at those two!
    My boyfriend does stuff like that too, but its not often enough to annoy me... Yet :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie!)
    Sorry but I just had to laugh at those two!
    My boyfriend does stuff like that too, but its not often enough to annoy me... Yet :p:
    I have to laugh too, that's what I hate sometimes! :p: I'll be trying really hard to be angry, and then he's coming out with stuff like that! Ah well, at least it keeps me happy rather than annoyed

ReputationRep:
    I have to laugh too, that's what I hate sometimes! :p: I'll be trying really hard to be angry, and then he's coming out with stuff like that! Ah well, at least it keeps me happy rather than annoyed
    hottie

sorry random

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruciform)
    hottie

sorry random
    Sorry, what are you? 12?

Move along...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, what are you? 12?

Move along...
    18 and single lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koko-popz)
    PS3 for hours!!!!!! I call her Cheryl..it's like his other woman.
    You know he'd choose her over you right. Do not come between a man and his PS3.

ReputationRep:
    - It's silly but I get a little annoyed that she wants to spend so much time with me, and gets upset if we don't get to spend at least 5 days together each week, even if it's for serious reasons such as funerals. I just don't know how she's going to cope with me going to uni

- Whenever we discuss issues, current affairs such as terrorism or the justice system for example, if I have a strong opinion on the matter, which I do for a lot of things, she gets mad that I don't listen to her opinion, and only listen to myself. I try to explain that I do listen, but I have set beliefs like any human being, and I happen to feel quite strong about certain issues.

Other than that I love her to bits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruciform)
    18 and single lol
    *facepalm*

I'm in a thread talking about my BOYFRIEND. Take from that what you will, but I'm taking from this that you're really not very smart...

ReputationRep:
    She snores............Oh boy can she snore.

The other thing is she won't throw anything away.........hate that coz there's no room for my stuff

ReputationRep:
    Nothing major - he snores (although not so much these days), he clicks his tongue when he's trying to remember something, and he refers to the tv remote as the 'zippedy zap'. I tried to hold in my irritation for a while but it all came spilling out one day lol. Other than that he's great!

ReputationRep:
    He gets to the xbox before I can.

Ermmm, that's about it tbh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitsabeeba)
    my most recent ex's most annoying habits were:

lazy
    quite brainless
    video games for hours on end
    smoked too much hash

they all go together really.
    Wow could your ex be my ex too? :p:

ReputationRep:
    *facepalm*

I'm in a thread talking about my BOYFRIEND. Take from that what you will, but I'm taking from this that you're really not very smart...
    I'm predicted ABB at A-level. Smart enough?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.