Turn on thread page Beta

Things your partner does that really annoy you... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruciform)
    I'm predicted ABB at A-level. Smart enough?
    Ah wait, I remember you. You negged me a while back for being fugly. You're not very good at making your mind up, either.

ReputationRep:
    "whatever you're having" - sometimes I think if I hear that phrase come out of his mouth again, I'm going to punch him. But I don't :angel:
    Literally, whenever I ask him what he wants for lunch he'll just say that he'll have whatever I'm having. Or like, I'll offer him a drink and it'll be 'only if you're having one' or he wont answer until I've said what I want. It drives me mad. I understand he's being polite and trying not to cause a fuss, but we've been going out over 13months and a lot of the time, it really doesn't matter what I'm having.

Sometimes I tell him I'm having stuff I know he despises so I can either catch him out or mkae him actually make a decision :evil:

We once had a massive stupid argument in town because we were both hungry and he wouldn't decide on a place to eat 'because it didn't matter and he'd eat "anything, honestly, he wasn't fussed". He was getting frustrated and said "Look, just pick, I'm starving, how about Wetherspoons for example?"
    Me being on the edge of my temper went "Yes, fine Wetherspoons, lets go sit down and get a menu." So..went in, got the menu, he asks if I've picked and I say yes I think so, what is he having...
    "Oh no, I don't want anything from here, I'll get a sandwich later."

Oh My God. I wanted to kill him then and there.

(Original post by haz220807)
    - He always, always leaves things in the first available space...his hat always ends up on top of the fridge, he never puts his shoes in the cupboard, his computer stuff gets put EVERYWHERE (at some points there's been some in every room including the bathroom and the kitchen), if he makes himself some toast the butter gets left on the side and clothes get dumped where he takes them off.
    - He says he'll do something but doesn't and then if I end up doing it he moans that he was just about to.
    - I always have to make decisions about everything.
    - He always promises to do nice things or to make an effort to do housework and after about a day it always falls through.
    All of that plus he spends far too much time on the computer, even at weekends and we just waste our time doing sod all.

He's actually really bugging me at the moment but that's due to a recent argument and me feeling slightly insecure as a consequence.

ReputationRep:
    When we're watching a show or film he says the lines two seconds before the actors do! It's so irritating, especially if it's a punchline! Also, umm..gets stressed too easily about tiny things, and then it's up to me to calm him down! That's it, for now..:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    All of that plus he spends far too much time on the computer, even at weekends and we just waste our time doing sod all.
    Yep, mine is pretty much on his from when he gets up to when he goes to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    "whatever you're having" - sometimes I think if I hear that phrase come out of his mouth again, I'm going to punch him. But I don't :angel:

Oh My God. I wanted to kill him then and there.
    Everytime I feel I'm one little step closer to actually screaming "ARGHHHH CAN'T YOU PLEASE JUST MAKE YOUR ****ING MIND UP FOR ONCE" Tbqh it's not the indecision that's the issue...it's just the fact she doesn't care :eek3: :headfire:

:littleangel:

ReputationRep:
    The fact that he knows i have been having a s*** week, but he told me not to visit him this week (he lives in the country) because he is 'busy'. Then i found out he was at a mates drinking...and then i asked him if i would see him this weekend before i began work. He replied a few hours later saying 'im so drunk, id better go-love u cya'. Its funny how he acts now that we have declared our love. i guess the honeymoon period is over and im seeing his true colours. Im hoping this is just a phase and things will look upwards soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    Everytime I feel I'm one little step closer to actually screaming "ARGHHHH CAN'T YOU PLEASE JUST MAKE YOUR ****ING MIND UP FOR ONCE" Tbqh it's not the indecision that's the issue...it's just the fact she doesn't care :eek3: :headfire:

:littleangel:
    I totally agree with the bit in bold.

ReputationRep:
    he walks stupidly slowly. so whenever we go anywhere we have to leave 15 minutes before i would normally need to because it takes him so long to walk there.

hes also really indecisive and things hes being nice by saying "its your decision i dont mind" to everything!

ReputationRep:
    Has to go home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Omg, it's exactly the same here. Except I end up adapting to his sleeping patterns. I went to bed at 5am this morning, and got up at 1. I hate doing that!

He pokes my nose when I've fallen asleep before him, because "it's funny to watch your face twitch!". Oh, and sometimes he can be incredibly tight with his money, but then he buys me dinner and pays for my train tickets!
    And the only other thing I can think of is that he can take ages before he responds to me via text or whatever, or he takes too long to get out of bed and then we're late. Oh, and he gets really stupidly annoyed at his laptop, which in turns pisses me off... So then he has the habit of putting his arms around me like a 4 year old and shouting "YOU CAN'T BE MAD AT ME IF I'M CLINGING TO YOOOOU!"

I'm going out with a retard
    Hhaha oh my ur boyfriend sounds really funny

(Original post by Closer*)
    Haha im the same. When i get cranky with him he either kisses me or makes me laugh and then i forget what i was mad at him for! (its usually for something silly anyway lol).
    Reminds me of the "you and me song" by the wannadies :
    Always when we fight
    I try to make you laugh
    Til everything's forgotten
    I know you hate that
    Always when we fight
    I kiss you once or twice
    And everything's forgotten
    I know you hate that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petticoatlove)
    Hhaha oh my ur boyfriend sounds really funny
    He's lovely, and he's really funny, just a complete child! Whenever I do that thing of "and how old are you?!" he tends to start off at about 5, work his way to 7, and then finally admit it :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol my bf wanting to walk everywhere? lol haha but i cant be annoyed at that just because im too lazy... so nothing he does annoys me lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.