Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, hope someone can help!
    It's my friend's birthday next month and she's a Vogue addict so my friends and I want to get her a subscription to American Vogue. So far, the cheapest price I can find is $70 which is like £42. Not bad but I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper subscription price ie you're subscribed yourself and get American Vogue shipped to the UK.
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Is that a subscription in America though? Will that ship that to the UK?

ReputationRep:
    American vogue's ****. Why bother

ReputationRep:
    My Ex was once hinting at me that she wanted a magazine subscription for christmas. I had no idea where to start so i spoke to one of her friends who said that French Vogue was the best. She sorted it all out and i just gave her the money. She might have got it off amazon, can't be certain though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortunecookie)
    Is that a subscription in America though? Will that ship that to the UK?
    Yeah it is, from www.vogue.com

(Original post by Deano88)
    My Ex was once hinting at me that she wanted a magazine subscription for christmas. I had no idea where to start so i spoke to one of her friends who said that French Vogue was the best. She sorted it all out and i just gave her the money. She might have got it off amazon, can't be certain though.
    Thanks a lot! I was just wondering though, won't French Vogue be in French? :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoif_)
    Yeah it is, from www.vogue.com

Thanks a lot! I was just wondering though, won't French Vogue be in French? :s:
    Lol yer i guess so. She did french A level and stuff though, so i'm pretty sure she could read it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deano88)
    Lol yer i guess so. She did french A level and stuff though, so i'm pretty sure she could read it.
    Yeah, I did think that. My friend did GCSE French which definitely wouldn't be enough to read it properly. Ah well, I'll keep searching. Will check amazon so thanks

ReputationRep:
    The UK price on the US Vogue website is £42.60, and to be perfectly honest, you're unlikely to get it cheaper elsewhere, not for UK delivery. [I may be wrong though]

Amazon does have very cheap magazine subscriptions [the Vogue one is about $20, as I know my friend gets hers from there], but at the moment, they're only able to ship within the US.

Several of my UK friends have taken out US magazine subscriptions, because I keep raving about certain ones, and all of them have found the magazine themselves to be the cheapest option. There are overseas magazine suppliers but they are always far more expensive. One of my friends has a sub to a US mag [directly from the magazine website] for about £40 per year, whereas the UK based Magazine Café sells it for about £65.

This thread has made me realise, it's going to cost me a fortune to subscribe to all the US magazines I'll want to keep reading when I move back home to England, better start saving now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Vogue addict as well, and even though I cannot read French, I always buy the French Vogue over US Vogue (if I'm in a large whsmith shop and bored...) as the American one is dire.

ReputationRep:
    I study french at degree level and so buy french vogue too. It's by far the best. I'd get it even just to look at the pictures :p:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can get a Spanish Vogue subscription from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.jen.x.)
    I study french at degree level and so buy french vogue too. It's by far the best. I'd get it even just to look at the pictures :p:
    Thanks, I might do this if I can't find it

(Original post by Tinkerbee)
    I'm a Vogue addict as well, and even though I cannot read French, I always buy the French Vogue over US Vogue (if I'm in a large whsmith shop and bored...) as the American one is dire.
    Hmm, yeah I keep hearing this...seems like a poor idea now! Though I didn't know you can just buy individual copies from WH Smith! :O
    So I may just buy her one issue and wrap it up nicely As well as other things of course.

(Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    The UK price on the US Vogue website is £42.60, and to be perfectly honest, you're unlikely to get it cheaper elsewhere, not for UK delivery. [I may be wrong though]

Amazon does have very cheap magazine subscriptions [the Vogue one is about $20, as I know my friend gets hers from there], but at the moment, they're only able to ship within the US.

Several of my UK friends have taken out US magazine subscriptions, because I keep raving about certain ones, and all of them have found the magazine themselves to be the cheapest option. There are overseas magazine suppliers but they are always far more expensive. One of my friends has a sub to a US mag [directly from the magazine website] for about £40 per year, whereas the UK based Magazine Café sells it for about £65.

This thread has made me realise, it's going to cost me a fortune to subscribe to all the US magazines I'll want to keep reading when I move back home to England, better start saving now!
    Thanks a lot for your help, I may just buy it directly from the Vogue website. Or not bother at all after what I've heard!

ReputationRep:
    don't get her american vogue - it sucks. especially if she's into high fashion because it tends to be really commercial and full of actresses rather than models. for high fashion stuff the best vogue is definitely italian followed by french. i get both of them and i don't know any italian and only a bit of french but i still find them enjoyable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)
    don't get her american vogue - it sucks. especially if she's into high fashion because it tends to be really commercial and full of actresses rather than models. for high fashion stuff the best vogue is definitely italian followed by french. i get both of them and i don't know any italian and only a bit of french but i still find them enjoyable!
    Yeah, I don't know anything about the different Vogues so I'm glad people have let me know now that it's rubbish! Can I just ask where you buy French and Italian Vogue from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CassCassCassie)
    Okay, all bias aside, Italian Vogue is by far the best of the bunch...not just for the photoshoots (which are amazing) but for interviews: Clemence Posey, Zooey Deschanel, Mary-Kate Olsen, etc. <3
    I used to rely on family buying in in Italy and bringing the stack of magazines over when they visited, but I arranged a subscription type thing with the local newsagent...they order it every month and put it aside for me. That seems to be working pretty well, never missed an issue.

As far as I'm aware though, larger newsagents carry Italian/french vogues, and many more will order it on for you if you ask them
    Thanks very much, I will check with my local newsagent. No doubt they will probably ask me what Vogue is as they all seem to be around 70 and cantankerous men! :rolleyes: Still, I'll give it a go, and thanks for the information about which ones are better

ReputationRep:
    If you live in or near London, going to RD Franks is the best place to go for all your fashion magazines, they have all the international Vogues and pretty much any fashion magazine you could imagine - http://www.rdfranks.co.uk/
    I'm pretty sure they'd do a subscription for American Vogue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twilight fingertips)
    If you live in or near London, going to RD Franks is the best place to go for all your fashion magazines, they have all the international Vogues and pretty much any fashion magazine you could imagine - http://www.rdfranks.co.uk/
    I'm pretty sure they'd do a subscription for American Vogue.
    I don't live near London (Manchester!) but I took a look at that website you suggested and found that they'll do a French Vogue subscription (which I'm now thinking about rather than American after the comments I've seen about it) for £22. So thanks a lot! I think I'm going to get her this one, you've really helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoif_)
    So thanks a lot! I think I'm going to get her this one, you've really helped
    No worries

ReputationRep:
    Over 10 yrs ago my local newsagent used to order in a daily copy of a french paper for one of the locals. I'm sure if they could manage that your local agent could manage a french or italian vogue

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.