Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnyHouse)
    I sent my form off with my evidence from my doctor and they lost the evidence, how lame lol
    This is why I'm sure they suggest photocopies. (that might just be my uni assessment centre though)

ReputationRep:
    hI

when I said I was going to wait for results day its because I am going to see how my application is going and to change bank details. I have had my assessment done and the report is with student finance. I was not suggesting people wait till then to get there assessment chased up. You need to get it done asap to get everything in place before uni. Sorry if this was taken in wrong context. I just do not know how long it takes once the report is with them. Surely they must know you have a place at uni before ordering any equipment.

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify, when you say assessment do you mean your needs assessment?

In which case, if the report from that is with them then you'll probably need to wait until results to push further as like you say equipment won't be ordered until you've got a confirmed place.

If you mean your assessment as in the disability assessment for a diagnosis then you should chase that now.

Also, SFE can't multitask, so you might as well change the bank account details now.

ReputationRep:
    Gah! Severely annoyed. My appointment for tomorrow was apparently incorrect (rang up today to confirm and Centre Manager refused -- for no apparent reason since I have my confirmation letter, etc.) -- appointment is now Monday. ******* stupid since it means I've had to buy two sets of train tickets!

ReputationRep:
    Yes the needs assessment is with student finance. Sorry if I confused.
    I have e-mailed them six times with regard to them missing the first digit off my bank number. They keep sending me letters when I change it.
    So I thought when it comes to results day I can hopefully clarify both things to them at once. I dont really want to ring them up twice. Just make it one big long call. I even asked the bank the other day can they can miss a digit off, I was starting to get paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    Tempus
    Glad you have your appointment. Hope all goes well for you. I was extremely pleased with mine. Just have to wait and see if
    student finance recommend most things'.

ReputationRep:
    It's worth a shot at being one long phone call, but the people who deal with DSA stuff are often different to the bank details people so you may find yourself needing to call twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scary Monster)
    It's worth a shot at being one long phone call, but the people who deal with DSA stuff are often different to the bank details people so you may find yourself needing to call twice.

Thank you, I dont mind as hopefully it will be a happy day.

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed for you.

xx

ReputationRep:
    Is there a deadline for applying?

ReputationRep:
    You can apply whenever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TempusV)
    Gah! Severely annoyed. My appointment for tomorrow was apparently incorrect (rang up today to confirm and Centre Manager refused -- for no apparent reason since I have my confirmation letter, etc.) -- appointment is now Monday. ******* stupid since it means I've had to buy two sets of train tickets!
    Just a note, but under the DSA you can claim for the travel expenses to get to your needs assessment.

ReputationRep:
    How does one claim that back? I have the train tickets somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Just send a covering letter to SFE stating you are claiming for the cost of attending your needs assessment. They will reimburse directly into your bank account. Not many do this though.

ReputationRep:
    I have got an e-mail saying they are still processing applications submitted from the 27th of July, so they are behind quite a bit

ReputationRep:
    That really isn't all too far behind. They said 3 weeks to me which I think is a fair timeframe; they seem to be sticking to that quite well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TempusV)
    That really isn't all too far behind. They said 3 weeks to me which I think is a fair timeframe; they seem to be sticking to that quite well.
    Yeh guess your right, mine was recieved on the 4th August, so hopefully I should hear something soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    Is there a deadline for applying?
    No but the sooner the better as working your way through the system takes a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Just had my assessment today; went well, only took 40 minutes. The assessor was quite friendly, really quite an easy assessment as those type of things go. I obviously haven't received my official recommendations list, but provisionally the recommendations suit what I was looking to get from DSA so that is good! Very happy

ReputationRep:
    Phoned them last week. Said they would get back to me in 5 days. They didn't.

Phoned them on friday, said they would get back to me today. They didn't.

Phoned them today, said they would get back to me by 6pm and that I was 'high priority'. They didn't.

Also fobbed me off saying the dept. closed at 5.

Phoned them this afternoon, now apparently 'critical'. Lets see what happens.

Emailed ANOTHER letter of complaint.

Anyone know the DSA actual dept. phonenumber? SF don't seem to like giving it over the phone.

ARRRGH.

Watch this space......

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.