Turn on thread page Beta

Hey,

I'm a pretty unexperienced guy when it comes to dating, only had one girlfriend before. Anyway i'm going on a second date with a fairly experienced girl on friday, we've been friends for about a year but recently I asked her out for a drink and she said yes. The date went well, we went to a pub and basicially just talked for about 2 hours, I made her laugh quite a bit, there was little touching and when she dropped me off back home she kissed me on the cheek (she was driving so obviously not drinking).

Anyway i'm just wondering about where to go on the second date, i'm thinking of a bar or something. Dinner seems a bit too formal, also I need some tips on how to kind of "flirt" to kind of heat things up a bit because i'd like to end the date with maybe a kiss on the lips :P

We're both 19 and just finished first year uni.

Thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    well i'm goin on a first date next week with a girl i've known for ages and i'm taking her for a meal and then to the cinema. probably a bad idea because the second date will have alot to live upto.

just go for a meal, its not too formal at all

ReputationRep:
    A meal doesn't have to be too formal - it depends where you go. As long as the place is quiet enough for you to talk, but has enough atmosphere so it isn't awkward and you'll be fine.

Why not go for a drink and a meal somewhere like Nandos or somewhere similar?

Could always go for a day out somewhere? That won't be formal.

ReputationRep:
    I would take her somewhere different if you're first date was in a pub (she might think you're an alcoholic ). I know you think dinner is too formal but, as a woman, it's something I would like. Take her somewhere nice but not too expensive (somewhere between The Ritz and MacDonalds). Over dinner you can have a nice chat, find out some of her likes and dislikes. If you feel that this is a relationship you want to pursue, listen to one of her verbal cues and act on it. She might say, "Oh, I really love Harry Potter but I haven't seen the new one" or "I've heard good things about that club"... this is this the perfect time to arrange the next date. Make lots of eye contact and smile. Try to watch her body language and mirror it (if she leans in, you lean in, etc).

When you've finished your meal, walk her to her train/bus/flat and tell her how much you've enjoyed the evening. At that point you can lean in and, if she seems to reciprocate, kiss her.

Dinner is quite classy as a second date.

ReputationRep:
    Slap her tit, see what happens :yep:

ReputationRep:
    chips..park bench..get a chacne to do some talking...
    or small indian restaurant.. and take the dizzle from there..

ReputationRep:
    Take her somewhere different, go out for the day to the zoo or something!! Then you get aaaall day together!

ReputationRep:
    A bit of alcohol will loosen you both up. Go to a club so you can dance and possibly get a bit more up close and personal.

Just keep an eye out for an opportunity, if at any point your eyes meet and sort of "stick" just go for it and snog her. Chances are that she's just a bit too shy to go for it and the second she realises you are just as willing things will escalate.

If you don't wanna go clubbing or can't drink cause of her driving I would suggest cinema. It's not as formal as a dinner and people are braver in the dark

ReputationRep:
    Well you've known eachother for a year, so it's not like you're not comfortable enough around eachother to hold a conversation over dinner. Somewhere Nando's-esque could work, as mentioned if you really want to keep it casual.

Why not organise a day together, where you can be alone and there's more opportunities for a kiss/flirting? I'm thinking a day out - art museum, picnic, maybe bring a ball to toss around if she's into that? It could be lovely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Slap her tit, see what happens :yep:
    This!!

The worst case scenario is that you just groped her tit. Thats not a bad worst case scenario.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittennffc)
    A meal doesn't have to be too formal - it depends where you go. As long as the place is quiet enough for you to talk, but has enough atmosphere so it isn't awkward and you'll be fine.

Why not go for a drink and a meal somewhere like Nandos or somewhere similar?

Could always go for a day out somewhere? That won't be formal.

I love nandos
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by bob2008uk)
    well i'm goin on a first date next week with a girl i've known for ages and i'm taking her for a meal and then to the cinema. probably a bad idea because the second date will have alot to live upto.

just go for a meal, its not too formal at all
    Nahh, my boyfriend did this and I liked it. For the 2nd date we went out for the day and he then asked me out haha...but I think Meal and Cinema is a good first date, it's a good ice-breaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    chips..park bench..get a chacne to do some talking...
    or small indian restaurant.. and take the dizzle from there..
    This.
    Cheap and relaxed, but still awesome food. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    go shopping. girls love shopping. worked for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Slap her tit, see what happens http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif
    I'm pretty sure they will just bounce http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif

Thanks for the replies guys, well most of them hah

Our town is a bit ****, just a couple of places to eat out and a few bars (no Nando's or clubs) so i'm thinking go to an indian/chinese restaurant then go to a bar afterwards.. what do you think?

Good idea. Maybe go to the restaurant and just see how things lead from there. If the night goes well instead of kissing on the cheek just snog her. Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.