Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

the more i exercise the more i eat! watch

ReputationRep:
    so i dunno if its pyscological or i generally do get more hungry, but im always hungry after a workout, and i tend to eat more if i do more exercise. i know thats kind of an obvious statement but how do you stop yourself putting all that weight back on? and is it better to eat immediately after exercise or after a while?

ReputationRep:
    by exercising youre going to burn more calories and so going to need to eat more.
    aslong as youre eating healthily then you wont put the weight back on as long as you dont eat excessively.
    i do quite a lot of exericise and eat a huge amount but thats mainly a big, well balanced breakfast, lunch and dinner without snacking too much in between.
    just eat healthily and youll be fine

ReputationRep:
    what are your goals? it's fine to eat more if your exercising more as long as it's the right stuff. mcdonalds no but if your having tuna after a workout in the gym which you usually wouldn't have thats fine.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you're not over eating, you should be fine. I usually have a small breakfast, train mid-afternoon then eat a sizeable lunch afterwards and have a normal sized dinner in the evening.

ReputationRep:
    urmm well i dont really have any goals...maybe thats the problem! i go to the gym to stay in shape and for my fitness training as i do a lot of sport. i usually bike to the gym at about half 3 and get home around quater to six, when dinner is usually on the table! we eat pretty healthily but i nearly always have a little bit more, which is my downfall!

ReputationRep:
    stop exercising then

ReputationRep:
    Drink more water both during and after. That should help you feel a little more full

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashim91)
    Drink more water both during and after. That should help you feel a little more full
    I have a vague recollection of being told that over a longer time span (i.e. feeling full and not just eating less at meal times) 'watery' foods like thick soups work better than drinking water, since water tends to drain out of the stomach quite fast otherwise. Don't have any evidence to back this up, though. And you can eat soup all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyraell)
    I have a vague recollection of being told that over a longer time span (i.e. feeling full and not just eating less at meal times) 'watery' foods like thick soups work better than drinking water, since water tends to drain out of the stomach quite fast otherwise. Don't have any evidence to back this up, though. And you can eat soup all the time.
    lol, anorexic girls do it all the time. But its not good to have overly excessive amounts because that would be bad for body cells.

ReputationRep:
    Your body needs fuel for the workouts, which is why after working out you feel hungry. You've depleted your sources of energy. This is perfectly normal, so long as you eat the right stuff, keep going! This is why folk that do regular body building and tend to have an impressive physique eat a lot more/more calories etc... do some research! Too much to explain... but yeah, no worries

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.