Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, I just had my first martial arts lesson today; however we focoused mainly on the boxing.

However, I know this is due to bad technique mostly, but I did my right wrist in. Besides improving my technique, are there any ways I can strengthen my wrists to prevent further injury?

ReputationRep:
    Jerk off rapidly?

A win-win situation

ReputationRep:
    Masterbating

ReputationRep:
    Do wrist curl exercises with dumbells or anything else that would simulate the effect of dumbells.

ReputationRep:
    Most martial arts style places don't seem to have their students wrap their hands, even for boxing or kickboxing. No idea why this is. From what I've heard real boxing gyms will not have people hitting stuff unless their hands are wrapped.

ReputationRep:
    If your throwing a hook, try bending your fist towards your body slightly so that your fist and arm make a perfectly straight line. That really helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Right, I just had my first martial arts lesson today; however we focoused mainly on the boxing.

However, I know this is due to bad technique mostly, but I did my right wrist in. Besides improving my technique, are there any ways I can strengthen my wrists to prevent further injury?
    you could try these:

or these (gyroscope):

or these:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeke53in)
    Jerk off rapidly?

A win-win situation
    (Original post by Norfolk_Enchance)
    Masterbating
    I'm a girl so that's not going to help much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Most martial arts style places don't seem to have their students wrap their hands, even for boxing or kickboxing. No idea why this is. From what I've heard real boxing gyms will not have people hitting stuff unless their hands are wrapped.
    We used gloves; is that similar? I saw some wrapped their hands but he didn't make out it was compulsory... I do think that might help strengthen my wrists during combat.

ReputationRep:
    No gloves do not do what wraps do. If you want more detail you'd have to ask someone who actually knows stuff about boxing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    No gloves do not do what wraps do. If you want more detail you'd have to ask someone who actually knows stuff about boxing.
    Oright, I kind of thought you did.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.