Turn on thread page Beta

Wii - EA Active watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey just wondering if anyone has bought it and what they think. I got it last week and have started the 30day challenge :woo: seems to be def doing something 4 my muscles but not sure if theres enough cardio for weight loss??? Ur opinions plz!!

ReputationRep:
    :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    It's ok for a novice I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    It's ok for a novice I'd say.
    Goddammit, if you can't stick to the theme of replies, then GTFO!

ReputationRep:
    :s

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    im sure everyone has scared off the op from ever posting in the fitness section of tsr

ReputationRep:
    also, jesus facepalm is awesome

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Stupidity aside, I bought it for my parents and they love it. My Mum uses it for an hour or so a day and it's doing her the world of good. Her health has slow deteriorated over the past two years or so after being diagnosed with Parkinsons and she's had very noticable weight loss from using this since I bought it them about 2 months ago.

I'm a very active person and I certainly break a sweat when using it.

ReputationRep:

Basically, no. The wii is a gimmick just like all these other crapy pieces of technology which actually do nothing. Wobble boards spring to mind

ReputationRep:
    well to all the facepalmers have you ever actually used it?

I have EA active and found it to be good for cardio as well but then I'm not very fit at all, and when I bought it I was too embarrassed to go to a gym or anything, when i did go to the gym the guy basically said anything that keeps my heart rate (age and weight specific) at around 170 bpm will burn calories, so presumably if a jog in my living room and my heart rate is above 170 tis all good.

OP there's a lot of fitness snobs on here, but if you enjoy using it and think your seeing a change then carry on

ReputationRep:
    mipegg and my facepalms both had spelling mistakes. This idea was so stupid it ****** up the alphabet. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    well to all the facepalmers have you ever actually used it?

I have EA active and found it to be good for cardio as well but then I'm not very fit at all, and when I bought it I was too embarrassed to go to a gym or anything, when i did go to the gym the guy basically said anything that keeps my heart rate (age and weight specific) at around 170 bpm will burn calories, so presumably if a jog in my living room and my heart rate is above 170 tis all good.

OP there's a lot of fitness snobs on here, but if you enjoy using it and think your seeing a change then carry on

ReputationRep:
    I do find it funny how telling people their 'get thin quick' gimmicks are precisely that makes us snobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    I do find it funny how telling people their 'get thin quick' gimmicks are precisely that makes us snobs.
    nobody said that they'll get thin quick, I said that if you enjoy it and feel better then go for it, slightly different. I wasn't referring to anyone in particular but there are plenty of people on this forum who think the only way to train is to join a gym and it's simply not the case. that is what i meant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Goddammit, if you can't stick to the theme of replies, then GTFO!
    I stand by my original comment

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    nobody said that they'll get thin quick, I said that if you enjoy it and feel better then go for it, slightly different. I wasn't referring to anyone in particular but there are plenty of people on this forum who think the only way to train is to join a gym and it's simply not the case. that is what i meant
    Joining a gym is by far the most effective way to train for 99.99% of people. Not many have the correct equipment (weight set, barbells, rack etc) at home, as for just cardio training them sure you dont need a gym. Theres roads and fields everywhere but it doesnt change the fact its not the most effective way to train anything other than cardio

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.