Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just completed a years access course at college in order to get into uni. The course consisted of, english, maths and human biology. I was told off the college that they are quite similar to A-Levels but are for mature students. I did quite well with distinctions in human biology and maths and a credit in english but am now starting to panic that i'm not going to be good enough for uni and that i wont understand any of the course. Im doing biology with forensic biology. Does anyone else feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure about the course you are talking about, but if the University accepted you for that degree knowing that you did the course that you did, then they are probably certain that your course meets the entry requirements for their degree course. So i dont think you have anything to worry about And congratulations on the good grades! good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seyoung1)
    Does anyone else feel like this?
    I feel the same as you to be honest. I did a foundation year at Uni this year where I did maths, chemistry and biology. I passed the year so now get to start Optometry in September, but I still feel like i'm going to really struggle keeping up with other students who have done science a levels... I guess we just can't let it get to us, because we can't afford to have no confidence in ourselves before we even start the course... good luck to you, maybe we'll surprise ourselves and do better than we think :p:

ReputationRep:
    my brother did an access to healthcare course which involved bio, chem, psycology and some other crap. but he was learning the same stuff as me and i did biology and chemistry at alevel.

plus the first year is there to get everyone on the same level of understanding.

i wouldn't worry about it too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckycharm7)
    I'm not really sure about the course you are talking about, but if the University accepted you for that degree knowing that you did the course that you did, then they are probably certain that your course meets the entry requirements for their degree course. So i dont think you have anything to worry about And congratulations on the good grades! good luck
    Actually you're right. The degree i applied for, i only needed one credit and 2 merits so i've getten better than a needed to, to get onto the course. Thanks.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.