Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I have but I'm not sure. I got 60 credits out of 120 and I have to resubmit two pieces of coursework and resit one exam so as long as I do well in that work I will be able to start second year as normal in September?

ReputationRep:
    You normally need to pass at least 110 credits before the start of 2nd year in order to be able to progress. But it will depend on your uni and course. If in doubt, speak to your personal tutor who can advise you better. Otherwise, if you don't obtain the credits you may have to repeat the year.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the university- I know of a place where you'd need 240 credits by the beginning of third year, and you could take no more than 160 in second year, so in effect you had to pass 80 to start second year (although you'd have serious amounts of work). I'd check with the university- even if you've passed 60, some might require a B or C in those 60 in order to get onto the honours degree stream.

ReputationRep:
    Best to check with your tutors.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks i'll check and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    At my university students needed a minimum 0f 110 credits out of 120 to proceed into second year. Don't forget that universities can 'fire' students I knew of several people that did badly in their first year exams and were given a 'withdraw'. This means that the university considers that they would not benefit from remaining at university and they must leave.
    Can you (OP) not do resits in the Summer Diet?

If you are required to 'withdraw' it is not the end of your university career you can re-apply through UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    ...That means you failed half of your modules 0o

ReputationRep:
    To be fair I only failed two of my modules. One of them I did pass but I missed a test due to me being ill so they want me to to that again even though overall without that test i've passed.

I checked with my university and you're allowed to fail a maximum of 60 credits and they then give you one chance to repeat and then if you fail that you have to repeat the year.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.