Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I live in London and checked out a few tattoo places in Camden, they seem a bit pricey compared to other places. Do you reckon this is because Camden is a more well known area for tourists etc or because the tattoo artists are more experienced?

I went to Alz Tattoo place in Stratford today and their prices are almost cheaper by half. This shop has been open for about 5 years I think. However the only thing is when I asked if they had any photos of people's tattoos they had done, they said they didn't have any. Is this a major problem?

Do cheaper tattoos mean not so good looking tattoos? What are your experiences like and where would you recommend? Thanks for any answers!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go somewhere where you can see pics they've done, even better where someone or multiple people you know have been.
    Don't risk it, if necessary save up for longer.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt gat a tattoo done anywhere they didnt have a portfolio to show me. Camden tends to be pretty good, aside from the few dodgey places like the ones that dont ID and such. But Id assume it was a higher price because its full of tourists now [unfortuantly=[] Off topic but god I hate the tourists, they actually take pictures of you! Its so weirddddd. I swear it didnt used to be like that.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't you rather pay more to get a top-quality tattoo for life.. ? I'm sure most people would.

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely worth paying more. A tattoo is going to be with you for the rest of your life, so don't skimp and end up with something poor quality. For the best places in London, you will also have to wait because they'll be booked up. But it's well, well worth it. Evil From The Needle in Camden is good, also check out Frith Street tattoos in Soho and Into You which is right near Old Street.

And as has been said, don't EVER get tattood somewhere that doesn't even have a portfolio! That's a very, very bad sign.

ReputationRep:
    With something like a tattoo which lasts for life, it may be worth paying a little more for it to ensure it is good quality, clean, etc. If the ones in Camden are too expensive, shop around the ones which are local to you or you know people that have used them and make sure you have a proper look at their portfolio and hygiene.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.