Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok,

I just found out through looking at various threads on here that i will probably have to pay the 1st yr course fee myself and that student finance will only pay the 2nd n 3rd year for me...

Questions:

1. Are universitys fexible about payment of course fees (payment in around january time)

2. Even though tuition fee not eligible, it does say im entitled to the Maintenance grant and the loan on the website anyway. can someone confirm for me that i can stil ave the grant and loan.

3. If i do recieve the grant,loan and bursary... can i arrange a payment date for the 1st year fee with the university at a later date

Please help me out would much appreciate it

Thank You,

Adam

ReputationRep:
    I assume this means you've taken two years of an undergrad degree then restarted?

1) Uni of birmingham offers monthly, termly or upfront payment options so about as flexible as you can get. Don't know about elsewhere but just look on their website/ask the uni.
    2) I'm fairly sure its just the tuition loan that is limited by restart years, so you should get the maintenance loan but I'm not 100% you could try calling student finance, you never know you might get someone with >1 brain cell - unlikely.
    3) Again ask the uni - every uni will be different

ReputationRep:
    No mate. i did a HND for 2 years and now im starting a 3 year Degree

If i can get the maintenance loan,grant and bursary for the 1st year then i can pay the 1st year fee from that so ill be happy

Anyone else confirm that i can get the maintenance loan, grant and bursary still the 1st year

ReputationRep:
    If you're not eligible for a tuition fee loan, you won't be eligible for a maintenance grant.

You will get the maintenance loan for year one, and it's down to your university for the bursary.

ReputationRep:
    Ok mate.. well this is what it says on my application so can you shed some light on what it means

Assessment Status Approved
    Assessment Date 22/07/2009
    Assessment Type Based on Household Income

Tuition Fees paid direct to your University or College
    Tuition Fee Grant - Payable By Student Finance: No Entitlement for Tuition Fee Grant Support
    Tuition Fees Payable By Your Household: £3225.00

Tuition Fee Loan paid direct to your University or College
    Total Tuition Fee Loan Available £3225.00
    Total Tuition Fee Loan Requested £Loan Request Form has not been completed

Contributions to Grants/Living costs
    Assessed Contribution £0.00

Grants (after Household contribution has been deducted)
    HE Maintenance Grant £2906.00

Maintenance Loan (paid direct to you)
    Total Maintenance Loan Available £2381.00
    Total Maintenance Loan Requested £Loan Request Form has not been completed

ReputationRep:
    Then you are entitled to tuition fee support, despite your original post saying you weren't. You just need to read it better.

You're eligible for a fee loan of £3225, but you did not request this.

ReputationRep:
    ok then thanks for ur help

But i did fill in the form of Loan request form for it

if im entitled to the tuition fee loan though then thats a great help it really is

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.