Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well i work at Matalan, and i went to hand my notice in today as i am moving to Preston (IQ Kopa) in September, so obviously can't stay working there. Thing is my manager has offered me a transfer to a Matalan that is apparently in Preston. What i wanted to know is, is the Matalan anywhere near where i will be living? And is it easily accesible by bus etc?
    Thanks
    x

ReputationRep:
    The Matalan in Preston is actually in Bamber Bridge. It is a stones throw from the motorway junction - Junction 29 on the M6, or the end of the M65.

No idea about buses, but suspect there will be at bit of a walk from the nearest stop - its behind the Sainsbury's at the edge of Bamber Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    I google earthed it =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danposmaytee)
    I google earthed it =D

Aww how sweet of you is that!
    It looks pretty far to say how zoomed out it is :/
    I don't know whether to just turn down the transfer and try find a new job myself.

x

ReputationRep:
    lol yay im sweet ;D i like to help out where i can =D

ReputationRep:
    Try Traveline, it is usually good but doesn't have any insider local knowledge http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've lived in Preston for 19 years so I should be able to help.

Yep, the Matalan is quite a way out. As mentioned above, it's behind the Sainsbury's in Bamber Bridge. I'd say it's about 3 to 4 miles from the university. To get there the best way is to catch the 111 or the 113 from the bus station in time. Not the most regular buses on the planet but not to bad either. Probs at least every half an hour.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.