Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Being a Rugby fan has made me a pretty strong drinker. Normally on long away trips to London etc, i drink 10/15 cans/pints from 8am to 8pm.

Yet if i throw a few shots in - that's when i start talking constantly.

Good Times.

ReputationRep:
    half a bottle (if its a 75cl bottle, or a litre bottle) is insane. I've had that much over the course of a night, but after I had eaten, and i was seriously feeling it later on.

ReputationRep:
    Many pints of beer (>6) and I'm still coherant. Or, half a bottle of Sambuca (70cl). But, cider trashes me. A single bottle of Pear Bulmers gets me tipsy. 5 pints of beer won't do that to me. The half bottle of Sambuca gets me drunk, not to the point of passing out or being sick, but drunk nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    About the equivalent of 8 shots of vodka or 3-4 glasses of wine; although there are factors which should be taken into consideration, such as whether they are single/double measures, how quickly I'm drinking, wine % etc...

ReputationRep:
    You must be one fat ******* to be able to take that.

ReputationRep:
    Was it neat or mixed?

ReputationRep:
    I usually have about 6 pints on a night out and 1 vodka red bull, that usually gets me to a nice stage of drunkenness, and I don't get a hangover if i drink that

ReputationRep:
    A bottle of wine OR 2l bottle of cider + a quarter bottle of spirits (gin) is what I drink when I get really drunk but not horrible paraletic drunk. Any more than that and I will get para (although I seem to be avoiding that rather well these days!). About a half bottle of spirits if that's all I'm drinking, although sometimes that gets me too drunk. But for a nice night, I'd go with a bottle of wine plus a few cans/bottles of beer/gins. I mix drinks to the extreme and haven't died yet!

ReputationRep:
    P.S. Why on earth would you drink 5 glasses of straight vodka? Vodka tastes DISGUSTING, at least mix it, what would possess you to do that?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigz32)
    Damn you :hmmm:
    haven't you heard? jealousys a sin :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Not that I believe the OP but my I normally hit my limit when I start to think it will be a good idea to wander off on my own. The amount of times that I've been bouncing round in a club, only to see my mates doing the same scattered around the club is shocking...great nights though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomBres)
    Being a Rugby fan has made me a pretty strong drinker. Normally on long away trips to London etc, i drink 10/15 cans/pints from 8am to 8pm.

Yet if i throw a few shots in - that's when i start talking constantly.

Good Times.
    So, so bad

ReputationRep:
    Christ...I wouldn't be able to drink vodka neat anyway, bleugh. Spirits are evil!

I tend to have no regard for pace and just down beers in no time, it means I get drunk quicker but then sober up earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    haven't you heard? jealousys a sin :cool:
    You spend £15 when I have to spend £30...talk about sin :p:

ReputationRep:
    1 cider and I turn merry. 2 ciders and I'm pissed.
    Spirits don't hit as hard or as fast though, cider and beer really kicks me.

ReputationRep:
    i can absolutely drown myself in vodka, drink it all night to very little effect. so i stick with this when i go out.

give me a glass or two of red wine and i'm absolutely gone

been that way since i binged on red when i was fifteen and passed out . cant touch the stuff now.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it was alcohol free vodka xD

10-12 pints is enough that I can walk the 2 miles home. But only just.

ReputationRep:
    12 JD & Cokes does it for me, but ive been known to have 20 and still wake up with no hangover.

ReputationRep:
    theres no Limit when it comes to a good piss up

edit - once though me and a mate wanted to get really drunk so we started on wine and stayed on it. 2 1/2 bottles of wine down (we shared one on the train) and i can just remember getting off the train.

another bottle in a bar, then i can't remember... few bars are missing from my head. then in another club/bar i had another!!!!

next thing i know i wake up in my bed with a lass mate that brought me home, and told me loadssssssssssss of stuff i got up to!!

i aint touched wine since. and my hang over was like 3 days long!! so 4 1/2 bottles of wine is my limit..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.