Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do you drink alcohol? and what are you limits? watch

ReputationRep:
    why drink vodka straight? it's gross. at least mix it with something.

ReputationRep:
    depends on the beer but usually about 4 400~500ml cans.

and how fast I drink it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigz32)
    Glasses!?

Should one of us call an ambulance?
    Perhaps!

ReputationRep:
    i can do shots till theres none left, they never seem to get me. all my mates are confussed about that. makes me look good though to the girls in a bar when we do them and the lads r like 'blurrr erugh!!' and im like 'next '

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joluk)
    You've had .....5 glasses of vodka!!?

That's like a "need to get your stomach pumped" amount of alcohol.
    not really. I had 70cl of absolut in like 2hrs which is more than 5 glasses but I was ******* wasted and not "totally fine".

ReputationRep:
    On spirits it takes a few... though actually I think that's more to do with the speed I drink them than my being all hardcore and being able to take them in copious amounts. I can have four or five vodka and oranges or whatever in a row and feel nothing, and KABLAM, 10 minutes later I'm gone. On wine, one glass can get me tipsy, hahaha oh dear. I don't touch beer, even with bargepoles.

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty much the same as the OP above. If im on neat vodka i can do about half a bottle before my face explodes or the jelly legs start. Apart from that i can drink 10+ beers a night, shots really dont worry me much, much easier than taking it from a tumbler.

ReputationRep:
    When i was about 18, i could drink a 35cl bottle of vodka and hardly feel the effects. That was when i was going out 3-4 times a week, wheras now i would probably be a similarly intoxicated level at about 3-4 pints because i go out maybe once a week (this will most definitely change when i arrive at university!).

Like all drugs, alcohol is all about tolerance level and that level will depend on your size, weight and how often and how much you drink.

ReputationRep:
    Er ... doesn't he mean he had it in a tumbler and not a shot glass? Or is he suggesting he had a glass-full of vodka?

ReputationRep:
    5 shots, 3 double vodka&somethings, 2 pints of lager, and one cocktail jug.

That is my exact limit, any more & I will die.

But to be honest, one vodka&something will do me for the whole night, then it's just water and J20s from then on, I just like to be what I call "delightfully tipsy", and one drink does the job

ReputationRep:
    I usually have about 5/6 vodka+mixers and a couple of shots on a night out. That gets me drunk but not totally wasted. Anymore than that and i turn into that annoying drunk girl that people hate...

ReputationRep:
    It took me a big bottle of smirnoff ice, 2 small WKDs and a bottle of vodka to get to vomitting point. Prior to being sick, I had been singing the Avenue Q soundtrack very loudly. After being sick, I fell asleep on my friend's patio. So that would be my limit.

I tend to get very friendly drunk, very loud and apparently very funny.

ReputationRep:
    There's a sensible limit and then there's the atrocious body harming limit which to be honest everyone knows not to do.

The most I've drank has been 12pints 'n 4/5 mixes 'n few shot but that was over a good few hours.
    I wouldn't recommend it to anyone what so ever 'n havn't done anything that bad in a wee while now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atal)
    apparently I like to start singing in an irish accent and give a running commentary on my actions after 11 ciders and a few shots of cheap vodka xD
    I talk in third person after a few drinks. It depends though, cos I drink doubles/trebles and I always have 2 bottles of wine before I go out SO, depending on how I'm feeling and what I've eaten I can be fine for ages, then other times I can drink loads, have a shot of tequila and fall of bar stools.

ReputationRep:
    my tolerance is silly, well not like alcoholic silly. But i can drink loads and loads. Could drink a litre bottle of vodka say in 2-3 hours and then go out and carry on drinkin double vodkas all night, say another 8 and still be standing. I wont have memory but still be standing.

After 3 days of drinking heavy i can drink loads and loads and i don't seem to get drunk

If I'm on coke i can drink more.

Usually will have say 5 pints of stella at the pub and have a small slim bottle of vodka before i go out( whats that 300ml?) then drink doubles all night. I've stopped doing shots, they're disgusting. Unless you count apple sourz but i drink that straight like a bottle of it, mickey finns though, so on the cheap.

Ive been drinking for the last 5 years, anything from 1 to 4 times a week probably 2 days a week on average, getting smashed.

ReputationRep:
    have u considered seeing someone about that????
    the a word comes to mind....
    5 shots, OK.... but 5 glasses and you don't feel anything?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm impressed by any lad that can drink 10 or 10+ pints of stella on a night out. I done that before and i was smashed. Didnt help i then won a raffle of 4 bottles of beer.

Most beer ive drank in a day is 16+ not stella though a mix of stella, fosters, carling and bud when england got knocked out by portugal, after a certain amount its just in your blood stream and your legs start going. Normally im kind of person where it just goes to my head.

ReputationRep:
    Half a pint of shandy and i'm on the dancefloor doing the "big fish, little fish, cardboard box" dance.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a very good tolerance. Last week I went for tea with my parents to a pub, had 4 Newcastle Brown Ale with them, then immediately went down town to a bar, had 2 pints of stella, a double whiskey, and a full bottle of Jacques Cider, then head to another bar, had two Bullets (a big shot with absinthe, tequila, and sambucca), then hit Mosh (club), did shots there, and had about 2 pints. And yeah i was drunk, but I was still out in control, could still talk normal, could still walk easy, wasn't talking **** like some people do after like 2 pints, caught the bus home, and went straight to work the next morning, at 8

IM HARDCORE

ReputationRep:
    my limit is somewhere before 6 bottles of wine. that was bad. or half a bottle of tequila (on painkillers) that was worse.

i can survive on:
    2 pimms + lemonade
    half bottle bucks fizz
    endless double vodka and orange.
    1 x koppaberg summer fruits cider
    full bottle of jose cuervo margarita
    1 x french martini
    more vodka and orange
    1 x vodka + lemonade

in that order.

tremendously drunk but never puked and no hangover either.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.