Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually know anymore, because I haven't thrown up or passed out in two years (not for any specific lack of trying). But at the start of uni it was around the 10-12 pint region, and I once did two bottles of vodka, but that pretty much killed me and I couldn't walk till the next evening, thinking back I probably should have gone to hospital.

ReputationRep:
    Very little. For about the past 6 months I've felt like puking after 1-2 drinks, certainly not more than 4 - so I've given up drinking completely because it's not worth it at all.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No idea what my limit is these days, I haven't been drunk in over 4 and a half years.

It used to be about 5 vodka and cokes before I started to feel even a tiny bit tipsy, but I expect I'm more lightweight now.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    The most I've ever drunk was seven various cocktails and that made me very sick.

A few glasses of wine makes me happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    Wine is lethal when more than 4 glasses are consumed
    Wine is lethal when an excess is drank prior to something else (except shots) and particularly Guiness for me.

Managed to get through a bottle of (complimentary) wine and half a dozen or so pints of Guiness at a wedding before apparently my legs lost either the will or ability to support me... not my finest moment!

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the time really. Work nights out tend to be from half 9-3 over which time I'd probably have 7 vodka+mixers, 2 jaegerbombs and 2 other shots. Killer hangover, and very drunk- falling over a bit maybe but not at the out of control mess/passing out/getting sick stage. Pre-drinking is what kills me because I'm unable to pour measures correctly and if the pressure's on to drink the naggin fast I can down it in 10 minutes and then..I will get sick at some stage. I can drink at least 7 vodkas if they're spread out enough.

ReputationRep:
    My limit is when i fall asleep lol. I want a drink now lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't know my limit. After a while I just lose count of how much I have drank. But I can say in the 7 months I have been going out drinking since my 18th, I have never once thrown up or done anything stupid (like drunk sex or had a fight) and I always manage to get home by 3pm the next day!

ReputationRep:
    My limit is when I can't get my arm to lift the drink to my mouth

ReputationRep:
    It was about 12 bottles of beer spread over a couple of hours. But now I'm practically teetotal - I've given up arsing about with the alcohol. I think it's a bit of a maturity thing - those that really go for the alcohol (at my age at least) lack the maturity that they're trying to convey. I like to think that I've realised that alcohol is a big deal to anybody under 14, so I've moved on and found better hobbies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TableChair)
    I once did two bottles of vodka, but that pretty much killed me and I couldn't walk till the next evening, thinking back I probably should have gone to hospital.
    Mate of mine funneled a big bottle of Jack Daniels in one go...spent the next 2 days in hospital :rolleyes:

I've had 2 gap years which have consisted of travelling / drinking so my tolerence is pretty high...not that its a good thing as its expensive.
    14 - 15 pints on a session with the boys, absolutely boated after that though.

I'm useless with spirits mind!

ReputationRep:
    A litre bottle would never last me more than one night, but that would be over several hours. 5 glasses in a row in quick succession is quite a bit, you should be feeling something.

ReputationRep:
    Living in Hertford, all I do is drink. Beer that is. Spirits still tend to mess me up sometime after 6 shots, but beer...I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    About 262800 units, assuming I live for another 60 years.

ReputationRep:
    I've never actually drank to the point where I've flopped/passed out. I've been sick but more due to the horrible **** I was drinking than drinking too much.

I feel the effects of alcohol usually after about 3 halves lager/cider, 3 long drinks (usually vodka and lemonade or gin and tonic) or 3 wines and my speech gets slightly slurred and my tongue feels numb. Obviously if I drink quickly/doubles it's quicker.

After this I can keep drinking for ages and never really feel a lot different, just tipsy. Then if I get to the point where I have had about 9/10 of the above mentioned (very rarely happens might I add!!!), it'll suddenly hit me and I'll lose control of my legs and find it difficult to speak.

I'm only sick if I drink something I don't like, such as a screaming orgasm or after shock. Bleugh!

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol is very much a placebo for some people.

Seriously, people claiming to be pissed on two pints... these are the type of people that if you gave them non-alcoholic wine and never let on they would stumble around cause they're "so ****** pissed like".

ReputationRep:
    well last week we did centurion twice, that was pretty much me at breaking point.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have about 5 single+mixers or alcopops and be fine but by 10 of that kinda drink be abs wrecked, can't tihnk can't walk, lose my friends etc..especially if there was a round of shots or 2 at some point. However just 2 glasses of wine and I am really, really giddy and pretty damn fresh.

Vodka neat (ergh) to try and get drunk for cheap before a night never works, even if I do half a bottle(those little ones) i feel fine, until I have another drink, anything, then it like "activates" it all and insta-drunk

haha

I don't count to see when I have had enough, just you feel it after a while...and it is that slow brain "um feel lols drunk must umm WATER yes thats the word WATER" then you get in trouble when you forget that thought by the time you get to the bar...

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I think it takes around 3-4pints of Guiness before i start to feel quite tipsy, there after it's usually shots of something aswell as vk's :s, I always forget how much I drink when I try to count...

ReputationRep:
    Tequila is my limit :]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.