Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't really drink so i have no idea, asian flush haha

ReputationRep:
    I often drink half a litre of vodka before going out, with a mixer obviously...
    I can drink a whole litre over a few hours but I'm paraletic and dont really remember much at all.

Beers I cant really drink many, maybe 6-8 pints n I'd be in a similar position. Guess its because I dont drink beer much.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately i'm a bit of a heavyweight as far as drinking is concerned. I only seem to get hangovers when alcohol makes me sick, the last time this happened was at a house party where i'd had the equivalent of a gallon of punch. Plus two cans of cider. Plus a triple-vodka shot. :teeth:

Usually being a heavyweight has its advantages, in that you get the pleasure of knowing that all of your friends get home safely :yep:

It's too expensive for me to get drunk :p:

Last time I was fairly tipsy i'd had 13 snakebites or so within 4-4.5 hours before walking 2.5 miles to another club to have 3 or 4 dbl-vodka+cokes :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not into driking. But if I were my limit would be 3 glasses at most.

ReputationRep:
    a can of carling and a few shots of malibu would set me up for a good night

ReputationRep:
    I usually have 3/4 of a 1/4 bottle of Brandy and two or three drinks at the bar/club or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a total lightweight. But I usually start to feel sick before I feel drunk. Not because I've had too much to drink, but fizzy stuff makes me feel really yyyeeeuuuccchhhh Must stick to shots, I think

ReputationRep:
    I am starting to notice these days (haha I sound so old) that people especially the young are drinking alcohol just to get drunk and I am starting to think its pathetic.

A friend of mine can only have a "good time" once she has gotten drunk which find sad in all honesty its like people have not confidence in themselves anymore it also seems to be more common in women then men.

I have seen people a very few amount of people drink alcohol because they like the taste the rest drink it just to get drunk..which i find it hard to understand because:
    you do not remember what you did the night before,
    you get terrible hangovers which means you can barely get your head up,
    and you look disgusting when throwing up in front of your mates or even the boy/girl you fancy.

So why do people still do it, baffles me.

I used to drink alcohol but I drank it because I started following my friends habit of drinking just to be drunk and to have a "good time" I stopped now because when i think of it I didnt even like the taste of any alcohol! There are some drinks that I do love (baileys and cosmopolitans) but that's because they taste like they barely have any alcohol.

So I am just interested to know why you drink and why you enjoy drinking and if you enjoy drinking to be drunk do you think you have low self esteem/confidence?

ReputationRep:
    i do have low self esteem so i do drink. but by managing the amount you drink and drinking water you can have a good safe time and everything just seems funnier..

ReputationRep:
    I'm a very chatty person, but generally get shy around new people. Obviously, when you're out, you meet a lot of new people. So it helps to to chill out and be myself a bit more - I know it sounds bad. Before going out, I'll normally drink beer. It has to be budweiser, I'm very picky on my beer. Then once out, generally vodka and mixer and shots. I don't drink it because I like the taste, but most of it is quite nice.

Also, I do have a better time when I'm drunk, but I DONT NEED drink to have a good time - it just enhances it.

ReputationRep:
    I like the taste.
    I like being drunk.
    I don't tend to throw up.
    Funny stuff happens.

ReputationRep:
    A considerable number of reasons...

- To give me that little push in confidence
    - I enjoy the taste (mainly for JD/Disaronno and coke)
    - To relax at night and help me fall to sleep

ReputationRep:
    Because you have a ******* awesome night. Which when you spend the rest of your time studying/working. Makes it worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TableChair)
    I like the taste.
    I like being drunk.
    I don't tend to throw up.
    Funny stuff happens.
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Also, I do have a better time when I'm drunk, but I DONT NEED drink to have a good time - it just enhances it.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I dance better.
    I've been shown the video evidence.

ReputationRep:
    You never want to be the sober person looking after the drunk friend. Worst ever because you feel like such a loser and the drunk friend will always treat you like ****.
    It's better when everyone is drunk, not to the point that you need to be looked after because you have no idea what you are doing, and then you all have an equally good time.

I drink because I like Guinness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)
    So why do people still do it, baffles me.
    In my opinion, people do it because they are idiots. Anyone who uses alcohol as a social lubricant is an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to give you a complex analysis of my reasons, but basically - it's fun.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.