(Original post by IsThatAnth?)
    It must have been the moustache that threw me off
    hahaha yea maybe :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityOfMyHeart)
    Wine makes me giggly.
    Vodka makes me sleepy.
    Anything else is alrite :p:

And to the OP, drinking just for the sake of it is dumb, I agree.
    Why do you think this? Socially speaking, it can be a laugh. IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trachimbrod)
    Why do you think this? Socially speaking, it can be a laugh. IMO.
    Oh yeah, but not all the time. I personally have a better time out and about without alcohol. I know that's just me but people don't need it to have a laugh, although, yes it does help quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    OMG SOME PEOPLE HAVE FUN WHEN DRUNK AND SOME PEOPLE HAVE FUN WITHOUT BEING DRUNK AND SOME PEOPLE HAVE FUN WHETHER DRUNK OR NOT AND SOME PEOPLE NEVER HAVE FUN WHATSOEVER AND BLAH BLAH BLAH

There's this thing called subjective opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Half a pint of shandy and i'm on the dancefloor doing the "big fish, little fish, cardboard box" dance.
    Heavyweight. :boxing:

ReputationRep:
    About 8 vodka diet cokes and I'm buzzing. A bottle of wine and I'm pissed. One can of cider and I am pissed. Yeah, I dont know.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I drink alcohol to be more open and because its FUN

ReputationRep:
    2 cans of grolsch 2 guinness' and most of a 70 cl bottle of teachers in about an hour.....me and my friend had a deep meaningful conversation apparently but i cant remember it. Usually in the pub 6-7 pints of stella carling or john smiths.

I drink because it makes things alot more chilled out and fun then they would normally be and its a social lube i need to **** society in one night stand and leave in the morning happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    Heavyweight. :boxing:
    Without a doubt :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I always go out on an empty stomch ha (not really the best of ideas i know!)
    Well... a few fridays ago i got wrecked (unusaual for me).. i had quite a bit tho ha!

Lots of apple spourz shots (drunk before we set foot out the house)
    1 vk, 1 smirnoff
    2 double sambucca shots
    3 glasses of wine

Pffffft : ) (good night tho)
    Can't really say no to free drinks can you? ha

ReputationRep:
    I try to avoid empty stomach drinking, it's just then i know i have to control myself and that i can't drink as much as want.

After i've a had nice meal before drinking, i kno i can just drink as much as i want without embarrasing myself.

ReputationRep:
    I have tried all different types of alcohol and have found that if i have about one glass i will end up being sick. Regardless whether it is beer, wkds, cider. and these are just the low percentage drinks. I tried vodka and lemonade once and threw up after about two mouthfuls.
    Its really getting me down because i cant enjoy going out with friends as much as i would like to.
    Starting to wonder if I am allergic to alcohol and is that possible? Also are there any drinks that you would recommend for me that dont taste so bad and I could actually keep down.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Bacardi and Coke? :dontknow: That cider with blackcurrent drink people seem to have? :dontknow: Alcopops? :dontknow:

I've never had any of these, but it's what all the other lightweights seem to have.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt say bacardi, its 37%. Try alcopops or shandy

ReputationRep:
    This may seem crazy, but just don't drink?
    Wouldn't recommend spirits as much as you could avoid them, so like the person above said, maybe alcopops or a really low % cider or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .X.alysha.X.)
    I wouldnt say bacardi, its 37%. Try alcopops or shandy
    bacardi not straight right.
    :p:
    ok ill try next time thanks

Don't drink. I don't. Doesn't stop me enjoying nights out. If you feel the need to drink just to enjoy yourself then you need help, not alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    Something like stiffy and lemonade (tried to tonight for the first time, jsut tastes like cola cubes!) or apple sourz and lemonade or something. Basically the low percentage shot stuff (14%ish I THINK) mixed, tastes nice and not as strong as spirits and mixer.

ReputationRep:
    alcohol intolerance — which means you are more sensitive to the normal effects of alcohol. Alcohol can cause a variety of immediate adverse effects on the body, including headache, rapid heartbeat, nausea or vomiting, heartburn, abdominal pain, nasal congestion, or warm, red, itchy skin.

you don't have to drink on a night out to enjoy it, if drinking is making enjoyable for you

people can be allergic to alcohol

if you reacting to beers and wkds like that, they are weak compared to what people are saying, about 4-5 %

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.