Turn on thread page Beta

Why do you drink alcohol? and what are you limits? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCM89)
    Don't drink. I don't. Doesn't stop me enjoying nights out. If you feel the need to drink just to enjoy yourself then you need help, not alcohol.
    but alcohol is more easy to come by than help. Plus the few times i did manage to get "under the influence" it was completely different from being sobre. I was more relaxed and open with the people i was with and generally shenanigans of the fun sort happened more often. It was great.
    and i dont regret it

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big drinker, not in the chavvy TEN PINTS OF LAGER INIT BRUV kinda way, but it's always been a part of my culture and stuff. If you don't like alcohol then just don't drink it. If you still can't enjoy yourself consider ecstasy, it's far less damaging than alcohol for a start. I suppose being German there is quite a beer culture but even in Ireland I've met several people who don't drink.

How old are you though, a lot of people don't get a taste for the sauce till they're older. Then you get others who think they're cool and spend their 15-18th years throwing up after drinking too many alcopops.

The important thing is not to feel pressured or embarrassed about it. I have a lot of time for lads who can go out and enjoy themselves without drinking.

ReputationRep:
    My "friend" is allergic to alcohol, she claims.

Had a bit of our vodka and she was gone, she was being sick and telling me how much she hated me.

She was a horrible unattractive large girl
    Not friends now! wahey

Off topic sorry.

Go to your doctor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)
    I'm a big drinker, not in the chavvy TEN PINTS OF LAGER INIT BRUV kinda way, but it's always been a part of my culture and stuff. If you don't like alcohol then just don't drink it. If you still can't enjoy yourself consider ecstasy, it's far less damaging than alcohol for a start. I suppose being German there is quite a beer culture but even in Ireland I've met several people who don't drink.

How old are you though, a lot of people don't get a taste for the sauce till they're older. Then you get others who think they're cool and spend their 15-18th years throwing up after drinking too many alcopops.

The important thing is not to feel pressured or embarrassed about it. I have a lot of time for lads who can go out and enjoy themselves without drinking.
    Im 16- the legal drinking age in germany so all is good.
    no my friends are cool with it as its become just like a "thing " I do
    Coining phrases such as "the night hasnt begun until you have thrown up"
    i dont mind lol

ReputationRep:
    seriously quit alcohol

its gonna damage ur liver

also when you drink you dont know whats happening around you so anything can happen

best to avoid the alcohol

its a disease

ReputationRep:
    You could be allergic. If it's making you ill, don't drink. You don't have to drink to have a good time!

Alcopops are probably you're best shot as they're low in percentage. But i would go and get tested by your GP if i were you.

ReputationRep:
    16 is the legal age for drinking in Germany!? Wow, and to think it's 21 in America.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you're intolerant to alcohol, something that is only likely to get worse the more you try to drink. Throwing up regularly is really bad for you (it can cause damage to you oesophagus and to the enamel on your teeth). Your best course of action is to just not drink - it's not a requirement for a good night out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deco2009)
    seriously quit alcohol

its gonna damage ur liver

also when you drink you dont know whats happening around you so anything can happen

best to avoid the alcohol

its a disease

wow what kind of sad cooped up life do you live.... thats not just on the alcohol part i mean from this i'm getting that you think like 1 drink will ruin your liver.... it damages it over sustained abuse....

ReputationRep:
    I'm physically intolerant to alcohol and experience the same effects as you.
    It's not worth it, really. People drink to enjoy themselves, and if it makes you ill then you're hardly enjoying yourself are you?
    Just don't drink - you should be able to enjoy yourself without it. Explain that you're allergic to it, nobody will mind. Or at least they shouldn't or they're not really worth bothering with
    Firstly, it's not your fault and it's not like you've asked to react to alcohol like this. Secondly, try Red Bull. That's what I sometimes drink in replacement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    I'm physically intolerant to alcohol and experience the same effects as you.
    It's not worth it, really. People drink to enjoy themselves, and if it makes you ill then you're hardly enjoying yourself are you?
    Just don't drink - you should be able to enjoy yourself without it. Explain that you're allergic to it, nobody will mind. Or at least they shouldn't or they're not really worth bothering with
    Firstly, it's not your fault and it's not like you've asked to react to alcohol like this. Secondly, try Red Bull. That's what I sometimes drink in replacement.

That kind of sucks
    im hoping its maybe because im still youngish
    Thing is sometimes im sick straightaway and that will be it for the night i can then drink more and ill be fine.
    thing is its still the initial being sick that worries me because one beer shouldnt make me do that unless what youve said is true.
    hope not

ReputationRep:
    Whatever my limit is, I always seem to end up pushing it. I never get hangovers or anything the next day, which is lucky, but only makes me push my luck even more. It mainly starts off as just wanting to drink a little bit to help me feel more comfortable in social situations, but I really don't need it to have a good time. It just ends up making my night much worse if I can't remember anything I did, not to mention dangerous. It obviously depends on what you drink as well. I might just take less money on a night out so I don't overdo it without realising...

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.