Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My school hasn't signed up to this and was wondering if someone could give there user name/password so i can access the site and do work over the summer
    Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    I have school access but I'd rather not give you the details, because there's very few people that are allowed to be on at one time, so it wouldn't be fair.

Personally, I don't like it that much, especially for the Cs and the FPs. For the Ms it seems ok, but I don't find it that useful at all. Also some of the content is very out of date, if you're doing Edexcel you'll find all the FP1 content still expects you to know sec/cosec/ln etc. stuff that is no longer in the FP1 syllabus.

ReputationRep:
    Thats fine it was more of a cheeky request i didn't expect anyone to actually give me their username/password

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by operationx-ray)
    Thats fine it was more of a cheeky request i didn't expect anyone to actually give me their username/password
    Someone posted a username and password on here a while ago but it was for Edexcel so I couldn't get on to the AQA modules and topics. It's not that bad though...

ReputationRep:
    Username: parkcoll
    Password: mathematics

ReputationRep:
    A friend alerted me to a username/password being published for www.MathsNetAlevel.com on this forum. In fact that password is out of date and no longer works. I understand that the nature of the Internet is such that this kind of thing is unavoidable but all the same it is annoying given the countless hours my team have put into making this site what it is.

Constructive criticism is always useful. I never ignore it. In answer to another message, the Edexcel FP1 content is up to date, though I am always weeding out content that has become irrelevant since FP1 changed last year. Certainly there should not be any reference to sec/cosec/ln.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNet)
    A friend alerted me to a username/password being published for www.MathsNetAlevel.com on this forum. In fact that password is out of date and no longer works. I understand that the nature of the Internet is such that this kind of thing is unavoidable but all the same it is annoying given the countless hours my team have put into making this site what it is.

Constructive criticism is always useful. I never ignore it. In answer to another message, the Edexcel FP1 content is up to date, though I am always weeding out content that has become irrelevant since FP1 changed last year. Certainly there should not be any reference to sec/cosec/ln.
    It worked for a long time up until today... What about that actual school who paid for it, do they just get a new password or are they punished because 1 person decided to give the password away?

ReputationRep:
    The school in question were quite happy to have their password changed, which was in their interest anyway, because no more than the subscribed number of users can log in simultaneously. Therefore the school could find their own students are denied access because others are using the access illegitimately.
    Do you find the subscription is too expensive? It costs £10 to access 3 AS (or A2) modules for one year. Compared to private tuition or text books, surely that is a bargain.

ReputationRep:
    The school in question were quite happy to have their password changed, which was in their interest anyway, because no more than the subscribed number of users can log in simultaneously. Therefore the school could find their own students are denied access because others are using the access illegitimately.
    Do you find the subscription is too expensive? It costs £10 to access 3 AS (or A2) modules for one year. Compared to private tuition or text books, surely that is a bargain.
    Oh right okay I was just wondering
    No that's actually quite cheap really considering.
    I just wanted to look at the type of stuff that's on there as I think our college mentioned they would be subscribing to it for next year.
    But if they didn't, would it cost me £20 as I would be doing 6 modules next year?

ReputationRep:
    parkcoll is dead Oh that site is awesome. I could really do with an account.
    Might just buy one.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post19868493

ReputationRep:
    How do you even sign up?! My school hasn't a subscription.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the site and click on the link to subscribe. A full A level subscription does cost £20 for a year. Thanks to those of you leaving positive comments about the site.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the site and click on the link to subscribe. A full A level subscription does cost £20 for a year. Thanks to those of you leaving positive comments about the site.
    Oh right well I might sign up next year if my sixth form doesn't get a subscription to it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.