Turn on thread page Beta

MSc Marketing Strategy - Warwick Business School watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have an offer for the MSc Marketing & Strategy @ Warwick Business School.

Could anyone give me some information about this programme regarding the following topics:

-General quality of the programe?

-Job Prospects (would like to start my career in consulting)? Are there any famous consultancies recruiting from WBS or specifically from the programme Marketing & Strategy?

-General reputation of Warwick Business School? What about the internatioal reputation outside of the UK (Europa, Rest of the World)?

It would be great to get some info.

Many thanks and best regards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiyoo)
    Hello,

I have an offer for the MSc Marketing & Strategy @ Warwick Business School.

Could anyone give me some information about this programme regarding the following topics:

-General quality of the programe?

-Job Prospects (would like to start my career in consulting)? Are there any famous consultancies recruiting from WBS or specifically from the programme Marketing & Strategy?

-General reputation of Warwick Business School? What about the internatioal reputation outside of the UK (Europa, Rest of the World)?

It would be great to get some info.

Many thanks and best regards!

My impression is that it's one of the best business schools in the UK. And that is a great course, as well. SO- it's a good place to be. And I'm sure it will only help your career prospects.

ReputationRep:
    Hi dancchica530,

are you also going to study @ Warwick Business School?

ReputationRep:
    My question would be if the course is primarily a marketing course with a strategy component or if both side are weighted equally. From the curriculum I got the impression that rather the first is the case.

I might apply for entry in 2010 but that depends to a large extent on the answer to the first question as the strategic side is of much greater interest to me since I am currently thinking of doing a PhD (in strategy) right after postgraduate study.

Comments appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiyoo)
    Hi dancchica530,

are you also going to study @ Warwick Business School?

Nope! I'm going to Birmingham for marketing. I just know that Warwick is a top pick for people.

ReputationRep:
    hey!!!! i have recently got a offer for that program at WBS too!! and im really excited!! but not sure whether to go there or not, coz i have also recieved offers from edinburgh, kings, durham and lots more.

I am also confused to whether I am going to like the course, and place or not. I have visited edinburgh and its a beaautiful place, and that has made the decision even harder for me.

Warwick is an excellent university, but I am not sure just like yourself. Having a good time is just as important to me as getting a good education, and im not sure if warwick is the right place for tht or not.

I was about the post a similiar question to urz, so thanks!!

I will be checking this frequently, and let me know how ur decision goes!!

Farah xx

ReputationRep:
    The MSc program at Warwick runs for a little less than a year only. It is an intense program and you'd have very little time for intense party. There are breaks on every in-between modules and Birmingham is just 30-minute ride away by train. Warwick campus is self-contained (everything you'll need is in the campus) and beautiful - very conducive for learning. Having said that, I think you should consider more the opportunities you will have after your studies. Many Warwick grads end up working in metropolitan cities like London, so spending a year at Warwick for an intense education shouldn't be a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Do we have interviews to get on a MSc in WBS

ReputationRep:
    I applied and was rejected. The admissions officer remarked that I had not shown enough evidence that I had done marketing-related modules. I replied with a list of modules that are related to marketing and communications, including a major one called 'marketing management' in my 2nd year. I also pointed out the fact that I worked as marketing manager in a government agency and was involved in the below-the-line international event. No reply since then.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.