Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi

I am going to be an aston fresher, and wanted to know two things

1. which is the most sociable tower for a fresher, so i can put this as a preference in the notes box

2. Does everyone put lakeside as first choice. As you only get two choices, lakeside and standard and they wont let me have both of my choices as standard.

ReputationRep:
    To answer your second question, i put Standard as my first choice, so not everyone puts Lakeside as first choice. It is weird that they make you put Lakeside as second choice though, as it's oversubscribed anyway, apparently.

Also, i think if you get some answers for question one, they are just going to be where the people have lived so you'll probably end up having to guess anyway. I've put Stafford in the preferences box though, just because it's the only one i've visited.

See you in September! Maybe. Probably not. Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people will put Lakeside as their first choice (newer, ensuite etc) but not everyone... I didn't and I know a few other people who haven't.

Yes, you then still have to put it as your second choice but there's no way you'd get put there. The amount of people putting it as their 1st choice is far more than the number of rooms.

There's only 600 rooms in Lakeside and 1500 in Standard.

If you say you prefer Lakeside you might get Standard, but if you say you prefer Standard you won't get Lakeside.

ReputationRep:
    Aston is a goood uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gillipies)
    A lot of people will put Lakeside as their first choice (newer, ensuite etc) but not everyone... I didn't and I know a few other people who haven't.

Yes, you then still have to put it as your second choice but there's no way you'd get put there. The amount of people putting it as their 1st choice is far more than the number of rooms.

There's only 600 rooms in Lakeside and 1500 in Standard.

If you say you prefer Lakeside you might get Standard, but if you say you prefer Standard you won't get Lakeside.
    I liked the look of lakeside alot, but i just heard it was alot less sociable than the towers, thats the only one real thing that put me off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priceless_beauty)
    I liked the look of lakeside alot, but i just heard it was alot less sociable than the towers, thats the only one real thing that put me off...
    I don't think anyone would NOT like the look of Lakeside. As for the social aspect it completely depends who you speak to as to what they'd say about their experience. It'll also depend on your flat mates - you might be in Standard and get unsociable flat mates or live in Lakeside and get really sociable flatmates!

ReputationRep:
    As I say all the time, the Lakeside being less sociable thing is just some rumour someone started probably because they had a bad experience and now everyone believes it. I lived there and we weren't any less sociable!

Oh and with the notes box- not to sound rude but it's mostly for stating if you have a medical condition etc that would allow you to stay somewhere and not somewhere else. I don't actually know if they take any notice if you just put where you want to live.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Aston University
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.