Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quite literally, the perfect girl! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I speak without hyperbole when I say that I've found the most ideal girl for me that I've ever seen so far in my short life. She seems to fit all of my precise and picky criteria that I look for in girls, in every way.

Aesthetically, she is perfect. Eyes that you can gawp at forever, sexy dimples in her smile, really toned physique from sport. I can't think of one negative in her appearance, so she is surely ideal there. She is so, so sexy.

Personality-wise, she's a few years younger but very mature, much more mature than her age due to moving around a lot and living abroad for some time. Because of this she is fantastic for banter, dishes it straight back, and is a general laugh. I've got a stupid sense of humour and very rarely say something that isn't in some way sarcastic or joking, and she just seems to get this, something very few girls appear to do!

Interests, she is so smart it's a joke, loves Harry Potter (this is essential in my criteria!), reads, has a real passion for the same country as I do, it just seems the more I learn about her, the more she's ticking the boxes of my ideal girl checklist.

But due to me going to university and her living at the other end of the country, and us being marginal family (married in cousins), it just isn't going to happen. Therefore, every other girl pales in comparison - how am I supposed to get excited about a girl that I know I'm just settling for and isn't as good as the one I've found?
    I'm not deluding myself into thinking I have any sort of chance, nor declaring my everlasting love and how I cannot operate without her. I'm just bloody frustrated that from now on I'm just going to be settling, and I do hate settling for mediocrity.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you get it on with her before university...
    ...though it may be a little weird since your families are interrelated. Does she feel the same about you?

ReputationRep:
    You'll find someone just as perfect.

ReputationRep:
    pics or it isn't true

ReputationRep:
    you arent blood related. so it isnt weird.
    but
    she will not be the only great one you ever meet.
    and your criteria now, will change in a few years.

(Original post by Joist)
    I speak without hyperbole when I say that I've found the most ideal girl for me that I've ever seen so far in my short life. She seems to fit all of my precise and picky criteria that I look for in girls, in every way.

Aesthetically, she is perfect. Eyes that you can gawp at forever, sexy dimples in her smile, really toned physique from sport. I can't think of one negative in her appearance, so she is surely ideal there. She is so, so sexy.

Personality-wise, she's a few years younger but very mature, much more mature than her age due to moving around a lot and living abroad for some time. Because of this she is fantastic for banter, dishes it straight back, and is a general laugh. I've got a stupid sense of humour and very rarely say something that isn't in some way sarcastic or joking, and she just seems to get this, something very few girls appear to do!

Interests, she is so smart it's a joke, loves Harry Potter (this is essential in my criteria!), reads, has a real passion for the same country as I do, it just seems the more I learn about her, the more she's ticking the boxes of my ideal girl checklist.

But due to me going to university and her living at the other end of the country, and us being marginal family (married in cousins), it just isn't going to happen. Therefore, every other girl pales in comparison - how am I supposed to get excited about a girl that I know I'm just settling for and isn't as good as the one I've found?
    I'm not deluding myself into thinking I have any sort of chance, nor declaring my everlasting love and how I cannot operate without her. I'm just bloody frustrated that from now on I'm just going to be settling, and I do hate settling for mediocrity.
    What exactly do you mean here (about being 'marginal family)?

And why can't you try and work something out, if it is possible?

ReputationRep:
    Well we're technically family but not really as we've been married in.

I've no idea if she likes me back, I've dropped the odd hint or two such as chucking my number in conversation over Facebook at an appropriate moment. She didn't use it, yet has since struck up conversation so obviously wasn't 'put off'...maybe a bit shy, I dunno.

Even if she did like me back though it's stupid as I have to go to university and it'll all end in tears in September!

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of another girl who combines lust with actually wanting them as a girlfriend - I normally have either lust over a girl, or I think "she'd be a good gf", very rarely (if ever) have the two combined!

ReputationRep:
    Pics or it most definitely did not happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc908)
    pics or it didn't happen
    Corrected !

ReputationRep:
    you're putting her on a pedestal.

ReputationRep:
    Maintain the illusion of perfection, you may go after her, get her (or whatever) ruin the illusion and find out all this stuff you dont like, or just find that in spite of her perfection you just dont 'click'

ReputationRep:
    As great as she may be, OhNO! (appropriately named) is right. You are obsessing over her - would you still feel like this if you discovered imperfections later on?

Keep the contact up, and who knows. You'll just have to ride it out.

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely go for it. Girls who like Harry Potter are one in a million lol

ReputationRep:
    just be a man and ask her if she feels da same about you, then take it step by step from there..... and harry potter! love them she must be cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbrown)
    You should definitely go for it. Girls who like Harry Potter are one in a million lol

:mad: I like Harry Potter!

Just tell her how you feel and see the repsonse you get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitsabeeba)
    she will not be the only great one you ever meet.
    and your criteria now, will change in a few years.
    if you are sure you can't ever get with her, and it would be an utterly bad idea to make a move, then just distract yourself and get to know new people.
    university will change a lot for you, and surely you'll not think of her anymore all the time. also, if it really get's to you, probably it would be good not to have contact as much.
    also, like mitsabeeba said, your criteria changes over time. in 5 yrs from now harry potter might not be a factor anymore in wether a girl is right for you or not. and when you fall in love, it doesn't have to be dimples that attract you... all this is not really important in a relationship.
    you don't have to settle for someone ou don't want, but be realistic, and give other girls a chance. you might find youself being attracted to girls that don't 'tick all the boxes'. you don't have to have a 'checklist', just be open and follow your heart.

ReputationRep:
    How can you be passionate about a country?

Anyway - You must surely acknowledge that nobody is truly perfect, and it sounds as though you've just put this girl on a stupidly high pedastal. If you compare every future girlfriend you have to the rose-tinted image you have of this girl, then you will be a very unhappy guy.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, if it falls through, there will be another even more perfect girl.
    Enjoy the aesthetic splendour, but if all fails, the lines for harry potter (and ratio of girls:boys HIGH) are seemingly perpetual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joist)

Pics, Or she doesn't exist. :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.